Author Topic: Birthday Marathon  (Read 8606 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Birthday Marathon
« on: May 24, 2009, 10:49:29 PM »
Birthday Marathon
As most of you know... my birthday (40th!) is next weekend. The other day I decided instead of a movie marathon for next weekend I would do TV Show episodes that dealt with birthdays. I originally thought movies about birthdays... but I don't have all that many to manage a marathon of them. Once I went to all the episode guides to see how many episodes I have about birthdays... I was shocked at how many episodes there are in my collection! I have 89 episodes dealing with birthdays in one way or another! So I thought I would just see how many I could watch through-out the entire week! Of course I will still work on any other marathons I have going on at the time as well.

Adventures of Superman: Season 1
The Birthday Letter
Superman is implicated in the abduction of a young girl who is thought to have information concerning hidden counterfeit plates.

My Thoughts:
I always enjoyed this episode. I especially enjoyed the ending where Superman is flying the crippled little girl around the city. But how times have changed! The idea of a cripple child staying home by herself during the day is unheard of now! That would be a good way to get into some serious trouble. And here when this show was made ('50s) they acted like it was no big deal at all.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 02:50:43 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Birthday Marathon
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 11:04:09 PM »
Speaking of Birthday episodes... I think I may be forgetting some of the birthday episodes for Buffy... Dealing with any of the character's birthday is cool...

Season 1:
Don't think there was one
Season 2:
Surprise
Season 3:
Helpless
Season 4:
A New Man
Season 5:
Family (Tara's Birthday... was there one for Buffy this season?)
Season 6:
Older and Far Away
Season 7:
Was there one?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 03:06:09 PM »

I Love Lucy: Season 6
Lucy and Superman
Lucy promises Little Ricky that Superman (George Reeves) will be at his birthda party, but when it looks like he can't make it, she tries to fill the bill herself.

My Thoughts:
I Normally like to watch my DVD sets in order... but I decided to make an exception to this one since I have already seen every episode of I Love Lucy ever made. This has always been one of my favorite episodes of I Love Lucy. I guess this is because I also always been a fan of Adventures of Superman. It really is a hilarious episode. My favorite line in this episode...

Ricky: In all the 15 years we been married this is the craziest stunt you ever pulled!
Superman: Wait a minute, you been married to her for 15 years?
Ricky: Yeah, 15 years!
Superman: And they call me Superman!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 04:02:51 PM »

The Addams Family: Vol. 3
Happy Birthday, Gradma Frump
With her birthday fast approaching, Grandma Frump does all she can to avoid being sent to a retirement home.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... but not a great one. Was kind of weird watching an episode without Grandmama... not sure why she wasn't in this episode.  But over all I would say this one was no more then an average episode. First time I watched this episode in many years.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 06:22:57 PM »

Medium: Season 3
Ghost in the Machine
After Allison gets Joe a camcorder for his birthday, her excitement turns to dread when she starts seeing disturbing images through it connected to a murder case.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. One I really enjoyed... but it is far from perfect. I mean come on... what is the chances that she ends up with the same camcorder that the murder returned? I know I can usually suspend believability on such a thing... but it don't really feel quite right on this one. But other then that.. I enjoyed this one quite a lot.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 06:49:16 PM »

I Love Lucy: Season 6
Lucy and Superman
Lucy promises Little Ricky that Superman (George Reeves) will be at his birthda party, but when it looks like he can't make it, she tries to fill the bill herself.

I always liked this scene from Lois & Clark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5uySW5EcaY

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »
 :laugh: yeah.... that was a fun scene
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 08:41:59 PM »

Smallville: Season 4
Spell
As Clark and Lois arrange a surprise 18th birthday party for Chloe, Lana receives a mysterious book that belonged to her French ancestor Isabel, who was burned as a witch in the 1600's. Through the book, Isabelle possesses Lana's body and she resurrects two other witches in the bodies of Chloe and Lois. The trio set about tracking down the Kryptonian Stones, spelling trouble for Jason, Lex and Clark.

My Thoughts:
Definitely not the best episode out there... but I enjoyed it. Of course the girls looked great in this one. But I never did care too much for the Isobel storyline in Smallville.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 09:17:34 PM »
Will you watch Buffy's birthdays or are those too depressing?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »
Oh... I will definitely get to them... did you see my second post in this thread? Any help there would be appreciated. :)
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 10:04:12 PM »
No, I didn't see that  :bag:

The only seasons without a birthday were 1 and 7, so the fifth had one. As for the second season I'd watch Surprise and Innocence cos they kinda belong together.

Edith says it's 5x13 Blood Ties
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:05:46 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 11:40:28 PM »
Thanks Karsten!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 12:04:30 AM »

Tru Calling: Season 2
In the Dark
When the lights go out during a surprise birthday party in the morgue, Tru hears someone asking for help-but due to the darkness, she has no idea who needs to be saved.

My Thoughts:
This is one of my all-time favorite short lived TV Series. I really enjoyed this episode a lot. The fact that she didn't know who it was that called her name really added something to the episode.  Gave it a bit extra mystery.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 10:46:08 PM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2
Surprise & Innocence
Drusilla reassembles the Judge, an unstoppable demon; Buffy and Angel consummate their relationship.

My Thoughts:
The first Birthday episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a 2-part episode. And I think it is safe to say my favorite of the Buffy's Birthday episodes. What with it happening in season 2 (one of my favorite seasons of the series)... at the very beginning of what is probably my favorite Buffy storyline (Evil Angel). Naturally since it is a 2-part episode... there was no way I could only watch the first half.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 02:56:27 AM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3
Helpless
Buffy feels weak and is unable to carry out her duties as a slayer. When she goes to Giles for help he seems distracted. This is because he is, on the orders of the Watcher's Council, preparing her for the Cruciamentum, a test the Watchers put each slayer through on her eighteenth birthday. She must be weakened and left alone to beat a vampire, to test her resourcefulness.

My Thoughts:
This is another great episode of Buffy. One I have enjoyed quite a bit every time I seen it. Though I must say it doesn't live up to the season 2 birthday episode... though it is close. I thought the test they put Buffy through was an entertaining idea. I must admit the first time I watched this episode I was pretty pissed at Giles myself.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete