Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: 5/01 - 5/03  (Read 8643 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Weekend Movie Marathon: 5/01 - 5/03
« on: May 01, 2009, 07:42:18 PM »
Weekend Movie Marathon
5/01 - 5/03
This Weekend Movie Marathon will unfortunately be more like a Mini-Marathon as I have a quite busy weekend ahead of me. On Friday I have some errands to run... and on Saturday I am taking my daughter out to a matinee movie, lunch and a little shopping spree. So unfortunately that will only leave Sunday for any serious movie watching.

Because of this I decided not to have any theme what so ever for this weekend. I will just be grabbing whatever I can when I can... hoping to manage more then one movie per day.

NOTE: I decided to put a post with the above as an announcement by itself on this site so that when the first review ends up on the main page people don't have to see stuff like the above attached to the review any more.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: 5/01 - 5/03
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »
So, it's weekend again? :o Hadn't noticed. I took the week off and did pretty much nothing, except for catching up on all the shows (Lost, Heroes, Smallville, Dollhouse ...).

But that means I only have two days left. Damn you, weekend!  :redcard:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 08:00:38 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Karsten!
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 08:01:39 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Karsten!

You know, what usually happens to them?

:hang: :giljotiini: :burninacid: :rip:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 08:41:04 PM »
uh-oh... don't look like this thread will be getting much bigger!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 09:27:18 PM »

Catwoman
Patience Philips is dead – and more alive than ever. Murdered after she learns the secret behind a cosmetic firm's anti-aging cream, she's revived and empowered by mystical felines. Now she's on the slinky prowl for adventure and revenge. She's Catwoman.

Academy Award® winner Halle Berry plays the sleek, whip-cracking feline fatale, Benjamin Bratt is a cop torn between romance and duty, and Sharon Stone is an ice-blooded supermodel with something to hide in a kicky and stylish Catwoman. With catlike grace, a knack for landing on her feet, a passion for sushi and a loathing for dogs, Berry is a perfect force to reckon with. She's action. With attitude.

My Thoughts:
I have to say... I have mixed feelings about this movie. I know it is not a "good" movie. But I do find it to be a fun movie. I don't think I have ever read a positive review about this movie anywhere. And I do admit that they all have a point. One of the things I personally dislike about this movie is they take Catwoman out of the Batman universe. But I can forgive it and enjoy the movie for what it is. A leave your brain at the door fun movie... with a very hot looking Halle Berry in a skimpy leather costume. And it does have some decent action in it as well. But I will quickly admit that it takes more then that to make a good movie. But I will give it this much... it is an average fun movie.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGqEBo8RHVI
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 12:22:51 PM »

Patch Adams
Meet Patch Adams (Academy Award™-winner Robin Williams), a doctor who doesn't look, act or think like any doctor you've met before. For Patch, humor is the best medicine, and he's willing to do just about anything to make his patients laugh – even if it means risking his own career. Based on a true story, Patch Adams combines side-splitting humor with an inspiring story that transcends the traditional comedy.

My Thoughts:
First thing this morning I wanted something that was not only light-hearted and fun to watch... but also something that has a powerful story to it. While staring at my collection this one popped out at be as being just right for the mood I was in. Patch Adams gives you laughter and sadness all in one movie. And knowing it is based on a true story makes it even more powerful then it already is. I thought Robin Williams was perfect in the part of Patch Adams This movie is an emotional rollercoaster... and it is definitely one I am comfortable recommending.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Trailer:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 03:22:26 PM »

X-Men
Born into a world filled with prejudice are children who possess extraordinary and dangerous powers - the result of unique genetic mutations. Cyclops unleashes bolts of energy from his eyes. Storm can manipulate the weather at will. Rogue absorbs the life force of anyone she touches. But under the tutelage of Professor Xavier (Patrick Stewart), these and other outcasts learn to harness their powers for the good of mankind. Now they must protect those who fear them as the nefarious Magneto (Ian McKellan), who believes humans and mutants can never co-exist, unveils his sinister plan for the future!

My Thoughts:
After going to see the new X-Men Origins: Wolverine this weekend I felt the urge to watch the first X-Men movie. I wanted to see how it worked knowing the back story of Wolverine. It is said in this movie it takes place 15 years after Logan looses his memory. It makes me curios how in that time Professor Xavier ends up in a wheel chair as his cameo in the Wolverine movie he was not in one. I still enjoyed this movie quite a bit. Wolverine was always my favorite of the X-Men... other then him I liked Rogue a lot in this movie.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 03:14:30 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 07:49:42 PM »

The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)
The loudest screams may be your own when you experience this Unrated Edition of The Hills Have Eyes 2 with gruesome added footage not shown in theaters - plus spine-tingling special features, including graphic featurettes and a killer alternate ending!

With even more blood, guts and gore than its shocking predecessor, this chilling sequel picks up two years after the ill-fated Carter family was attacked by cannibalistic mutants in the New Mexico desert. Now a group of National Guard trainees on a routine mission find themselves up against the same blood-thirsty freaks. But this time, the mutant patriarch isn't looking for a quick bite - he needs female breeders to continue his family line!

My Thoughts:
After I watched and enjoyed the first one recently I wanted to check out the second one. I had one friend telling me how much she enjoyed the second one... possibly even more then the first one. Then I had another friend telling me basically that the second one sucked. What am I to do? Especially when I find a couple of the unrated version on sale cheap at Walmart. So I grabbed it.... and figured I will take a chance and decide for myself. Obvious solution. Right after purchasing it I go online and found the trailer for it. (Yes I bought it before even seeing the trailer!) The first thought that comes to me is that I like that this time it involves the military this time. And that did make the movie more interesting to me. But even with that this movie still isn't quite as good as the first one. I definitely enjoyed it... and glad I added it to my collection. I think (at least for me) where this one went wrong is having the majority of the movie inside the dark mines. I did like that the group was National Guards trainees.... but I didn't care for the Lieutenant who was in charge of the trainees. He just wasn't believable as the bad-ass he was trying to make himself off to be. Over-all I would call this one a good movie... but definitely not great.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 08:12:21 PM »
 :tease:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile