Author Topic: Paul Blart: Mall Cop  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
« on: April 30, 2009, 02:48:37 AM »
Yes I went to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop.  I wasn't exactly sure what to think when I saw the previews, though I did think it might be funny..in a silly way.  I did end up enjoying the movie overall once I saw it, though it does have problems.

Paul Blart has been a security guard at the local mall for years.  He dreams of joining the New Jersey State Police, but his hypoglycemia keeps him from being able to do that.  He lives with his teenage daughter and mother who want him to start dating again.  Paul has a crush on Amy, a woman working in the mall.  Close to closing time on Black Friday, a group of armed criminals take over the mall while Paul is distracted in the arcade.  It doesn't take long for Paul to realize what is going on and to discover that Amy is one of the hostages.  Paul decides that he is going to deal with the situation himself even though the local police and the SWAT team just want him to get out of the mall.

The plot for the movie is simple and very straightforward and there are very few surprises, making the movie rather predictable overall.  The few surprises do help to keep things interesting.  Paul's situation seemed believable even though it was a bit exaggerated at times.  The movie was pretty funny overall, though it relies on silly, slapstick type of humor, which doesn't appeal to everyone.  Most of the physical humor involved Paul in some way.  The humor did work for the movie overall.  There is little bit of mystery with what is going on, though it isn't that strong.  There is a little bit of mild violence in a few scenes.  Paul is a decent main character.  None of the others were as interesting.

Overall, this is a fun, entertaining silly comedy that is worth seeing for people who like this type of movie.  It isn't for everyone though.

:D

I did get a review posted on Epinions if anyone wants to take a look.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop