Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: 4/10 - 4/12  (Read 14512 times)

Najemikon

Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: 4/10 - 4/12
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 11:45:06 PM »
 :dance:

Jimmy was right. Half a star? That's a half? Not even a star? Half a star! All the other stars laugh at it and call it names! That's bad. That's very very bad...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 11:55:29 PM »
 :laugh: well it can be worse... both The Sorority and Curse of Lizzy Borden got 0.0 if I remember correctly.  :P

But what can I say... Alyson Hannigan gave it that half of star... I always been partial to redheads!  :drooling:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 12:46:06 AM »
No chance that you continue the exploration of their """work""" with Disaster Movie or Epic Movie?  :hmmmm:

The funny part the youtube screen (not even the trailer that isn't funny) : Date Movie - Trailer - Funny!

If it's the funny one, I sure don't want to see the unfunny one :laugh:

Pete if I found them cheap (and really really really cheap) I'll buy their crap... Date Movie, Disaster Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartan and even this one done by the ShamWow guy

Interested to share this wonderfull experience with me?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:08:22 AM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 01:06:08 AM »
Believe it or not I am actually still considering Disaster Movie. Mainly because I found the Iron Man clip in the trailer funny.  :bag:

I caught a small part of Meet the Spartans on cable last night. I got to admit... what I saw of it was pretty bad!
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 01:06:38 AM »
Done :hysterical:

Disaster Movie - CDN$ 11.02
Meet the Spartans - CDN$ 4.19
Epic Movie - CDN$ 3.21
Date Movie - CDN$ 0.88
Underground Comedy Movie - CDN$ 12.31

Who join me for the most masochist experience since the halloween bad movie sharing?

Najemikon

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 01:38:49 AM »
 ???

You're obviously on the Loony Bus in the outskirts of Loony Town, heading for the town centre. Oh... ding! ding! Everybody off. You've arrived in Loony Central. paraphrased badly from The Vicar of Dibley :hysterical:

Why would you spend all that on... well... shit? You could have taken a chance on Slumdog Millionaire and had change!  :-X

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 01:54:01 AM »
Why would you spend all that on... well... shit? You could have taken a chance on Slumdog Millionaire and had change!  :-X
It's canadian money, it isn't real money :laugh:

Slumdog Millionaire would cost me more than that with the taxes. Don't worry I've better movie than that ordered for april, at least much like what I watch usually.

It's a masochist experience Jon, this is supposed to be shitty times not happy musical time :devil:
Do you want to ride on the sewer tour with me Jon? :tease:

Najemikon

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 01:58:40 AM »
Are Canadian dollars the same ones we use for Monopoly then?  :P

And no. I'm quite sure I do not wish to join you, thank you oh so very much for asking.  :thumbup: Look, I'm currently about to dive in to a marathon of possibly the finest run of films ever produced (Mr. Hitchcock) and after, I will require bringing down from that pinnacle... but this? Too far. Much too far. :surrender:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 07:21:23 AM »
 :hysterical:

Oh now you haven't lived till you have suffered...excuse me...enjoyed Date Movie and Epic Movie in the same week.  It is a viewing experience you will not forgot.
And one I don't intend to replicate ever again for any reason.  At least I didn't fork out any money for them since I found them on HBO.  I've seen most of Meet the Spartans the same way..horrid mess of a movie.  Though perhaps...if Jimmy is going to watch it, I'll make myself sit through the entire thing.  At least I'll get to rip it apart in a review on Epinions.   :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 07:41:31 AM »
And I sure don't think that Underground Comedy Movie will be good or funny also. I'm almost certain the funiest job that Vince Offer can do is in ShamWow infopublicity :laugh:

But I find that most of those publicities are pure comedy material

some imdb rating to make that exciting :

Underground Comedy Movie (2.3)
Date Movie (2.6)
Epic Movie (2.2)
Meet the Spartans (2.4)
Disaster Movie (1.6)

Pete sorry for the interuption. :whistle:
Are you too traumatized by the movies you have watched in this weekend marathon to continue it? :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:46:25 AM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 11:48:21 AM »
 :laugh: I definitely had to take a break after 3 movies that was average or below in a row. But I do plan on getting back at it later today. Maybe I will watch Dance of the Dead (Horror-Comedy) next.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2009, 05:43:17 PM »

Dance of the Dead
With Prom only hours away, the usual suspects of Cosa High (cheerleaders, geeks, bad boys and the happy-go-lucky student council alike) are preoccupied with the annual rituals of teendom. On the night of the big dance when the dead unexpectedly rise to eat the living, polar opposite groups will be forced to unite in their final chance to save the town from the Zombies.

My Thoughts:
This is another Blind Buy that I picked up cheap at Walmart... before even seeing the trailer for it. Matter of fact I see now I barely skimmed the back of the case because I didn't realize till I got it home that it is a Comedy-Horror. Which is no problem at all since I do enjoy those types usually. After the last 3 movies I watched... I am going into this movie hesitantly... as I haven't really had much luck yet with the movies I have watched this weekend. I needed to pull out of this slump! And I am happy to say that this movie did that for me. It is far from the best zombie movie I ever seen. The first half hour setup was a little on the slow side. And the effects were not the best I ever seen. But it was still a fun movie to watch. The comedy in this one wasn't laugh out loud funny... more light-heartedly entertaining. I might have gotten one or 2 small chuckles out of it at the most. But over-all I would feel confident in recommending this move.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmdUJJSQzhI
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2009, 08:57:54 PM »

Iron Man
Lift off with high-speed, high-flying action in this Ultimate 2-disc Edition that takes you inside the suit of Marvel's invincible Super Hero for the ultimate 'Iron Man' experience!

After surviving an unexpected attack in enemy territory, jet-setting industrialist Tony Stark builds a high-tech suit of armor and vows to protect the world as 'Iron Man'. Straight from the pages of the legendary comic book, 'Iron Man' is a hero who is built - not born - to be unlike any other!

My Thoughts:
This is my second viewing of this movie since I bought it back in January. And even on the second viewing I enjoyed every second of this movie! Sure there was some things that was really unbelievable in the storyline... like being able to create the suit he did in captivity... without the captors being any the wiser about it. But you know... I really didn't mind it. It actually worked for me. Robert Downey, Jr. is awesome in the role... which was a surprise to me... I mean he is a fine actor but I normally don't care for him. But in this case he was the perfect fit for the character of Tony Stark.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIFaeqwES1Y

Note to Jimmy: No Need to add this to the list... already have a review of this up and opinion hasn't changed.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2009, 09:12:12 PM »
Hey, Pete, sorry to interrupt your marathon, but I seem to remember you saying you liked Michelle Ryan (Bionic Woman)? I've just watched her playing a Lara Croft Tomb Raider style character in the latest Doctor Who. Typically daft, but brilliant piece of entertainment, and she was very good in it. "Planet of the Dead" I think the episode was called... 8)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2009, 09:14:44 PM »
Thanks Jon! Never seen an episode... but may have to see if I can find that one to check it out!  :thumbup:
Pete