Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: 4/10 - 4/12  (Read 14510 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Weekend Movie Marathon: 4/10 - 4/12
« on: April 10, 2009, 03:17:31 PM »
Weekend Movie Marathon
4/10 - 4/12
This weekend I am not having a theme to my marathon. I wanted to have the freedom to watch anything I felt like this time. Though I do plan on watching several from my unwatched pile. So this weekend I decided to watch...

Superhero Movie
Spider-Man, X-Men and the Fantastic Four will never be the same after this outrageously funny spoof of your favorite comic book movies! Drake Bell (Drake & Josh) stars as a nerdy high school student bitten by a genetically-altered dragonfly. He stumbles hilariously through the process of becoming a crime-fighter and as his powers grow, so do the laughs. Sara Paxton (Aquamarine) and Christopher McDonald (Spy Kids 2) costar as the clueless damsel in distress and the comically intense super villain, along with Pamela Anderson and Leslie Nielson. Going from superzero to superhero has never been this much fun!

My thoughts:
I normally really enjoy movie spoofs... and I normally love Superhero movies... so I went into this one fully expecting I would enjoy it.But I cam out of it with mixed feelings.There was parts of it that I really enjoyed... and yet parts that I found a little too stupid. I also didn't really care too much for the ending they chose. I found I liked the alternate ending better then the one they used. So even though I will enjoy this movie from time to time when I want to see something just stupid and silly... for the most part I am let down with this one. I wouldn't say to the point that I am sorry I bought it... more like I wish I would have waited till the price went down to under $10.

My Rating:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:28:52 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: 4/10 - 4/12
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »
Is Date Movie on the program? It's been a while since I've seen you give 0 stars or write a really bad review for a film.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 08:23:50 PM »
LOL... I am going to try to get to it this weekend yes... but are you really THAT sure I will hate it?  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 08:28:10 PM »

Blood Angels (aka Thralls)
These young, sexy half-vampire women can't fly or change humans into vampires, but they can still suck blood, move super fast and kick some butt. If they can summon the spirit of Belial they can redeem their full vampire powers and finally kill their seductive master (Lorenzo Lamas). On one horrific night, these angels will battle the forces of Evil to be free at last. The suspense, hilarity and seduction will suck you in 'till the bittersweet, enthralling end!

My Thoughts:
This movie was a complete blind buy for me. Never even heard of it till I found it on sale cheap. Naturally going into this one I expected much of nothing. And even with the very low expectations I still wasn't able to get into this movie much. I mean it had a couple moments when it was decent... but for the most part... it just sucked. The acting definitely left some to be desired. The CGI effects were for the most part just laughable. At one point I even dosed off during the movie as it failed to keep my interest. The only thing this movie really has going for it is pretty women. But to be fair... I have seen worse.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Nq8_TOIsA
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 08:54:08 PM »
LOL... I am going to try to get to it this weekend yes... but are you really THAT sure I will hate it?  :P

3 for Superhero? Jimmy's mad. That's evidence of a two star special on the way!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 09:01:48 PM »
well... what can I say... I have a soft-spot for anything dealing with Superheroes.

Maybe I should bite the bullet and watch Date Movie next.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 09:49:11 PM »
Be brave.   You bought, you must now suffer though watching it.  :laugh:
And once it is over, you can immediately put in something good to start blocking the mess from your mind.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 10:01:49 PM »
Like this one :laugh:

I think that you have it Pete, a joke gift, if I remember well, but one day you will have to watch it too :P

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 10:31:01 PM »
Oh my.  Now that's just not nice.  Almost as bad as if you had suggested he sit through The Sound of Music given how he feels about musicals.

:laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 11:02:54 PM »
Like this one :laugh:

I think that you have it Pete, a joke gift, if I remember well, but one day you will have to watch it too :P

Actually yes that is one that is in my collection... but no I never bothered to watch it. I believe it may be one of the ones that my daughter likes though... so I would actually say it is part of her collection.

And I am trying desperately to get through Date Movie... but don't know if I will make it!  :yucky:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 11:13:16 PM »
Oh my... Could Jimmy be right? :o

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 11:18:02 PM »
Well... I can say I have seen worse (The Sorority)... but don't think there was many worse. I am still powering through it... well in the background while I am on the net.  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 11:21:02 PM »
I am still powering through it... well in the background while I am on the net.  :P
You will miss all the joke in it :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 11:25:49 PM »
the problem is.... THEY ARE NOT FUNNY!  :yucky:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 11:32:16 PM »

Date Movie
Bring home the UNRATED DVD that lets you go all the way on the first date! With outrageous features and footage not shown in theaters, here's the ruder, cruder version of the no-holds-barred comedy from two of the six twisted writers behind Scary Movie.

Julia Jones (Alyson Hannigan from the American Pie series) is looking for love in ALL the wrong movies, until she snags the man of her dreams! But now, a devious ex, a farting feline and eccentric in-laws threaten her perfect Hollywood wedding!

My Thoughts:
OK... for those that don't know... a little back story on this one. I spotted this movie in the Wal-Mart bargain bin... but knew nothing about it. I grabbed it up quick though... just because I saw Alyson Hannigan (Willow on Buffy) on the cover... and I liked her on Buffy (and now on How I Met Your Mother). When I started talking about buying it online all I heard was how awful it was... so I find the trailer online. And unfortunately I didn't like the looks of the trailer at all. Even though it was cheap I wanted to watch it to be sure I wouldn't like it. But obviously I went into it with very low expectations. Even with the low expectations I wasn't prepared for this awful mess. Even Alyson Hannigan couldn't save this movie. After only 20 minutes I was prepared to turn it off and say forget it... but I really wanted to make it through this movie. I wasn't even able to managed 1 or 2 chuckles from this one. The jokes in this movie were either gross or just not funny. I will give this movie a half of a star for the appearance of Alyson Hannigan... but the movie itself was not worth the little money I paid for it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkcBu8ZKStI
Pete