Author Topic: Spider-Man 3: 2-Disc Special Edition  (Read 1546 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Spider-Man 3: 2-Disc Special Edition
« on: November 03, 2007, 11:33:19 PM »

Spider-Man 3: 2-Disc Special Edition
Year: 2007
Director: Sam Raimi
Rating: PG-13
Length: 139min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English DD 5.1, English DD Stereo, Spanish DD 5.1, Spanish DD Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish & Closed Captioned

Stars:
Tobey Maguire
Kirsten Dunst
James Franco
Thomas Haden Church
Topher Grace

Plot:
Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) finally has the girl of his dreams, Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst), and New York City is in the throes of Spider-mania! But when a strange alien symbiote turns Spider-Man's suit black, his darkest demons come to light - changing Spider-Man inside as well as out. Spider-Man is in for the fight of his life against a lethal mix of villains - the deadly Sandman (Thomas Haden Church), Venom (Topher Grace), and the New Goblin (James Franco) - as well as the enemy within himself.

Extras:
   1.  Cast/Director Commentary (Disc 1)
   2. Filmmakers Commentary (Disc 1)
   3. Bloopers (Disc 1)
   4. "Signal Fire" - Snow Patrol Music Video (Disc 1)
   5. Photo Galleries (Disc 1)
   6. Previews (Disc 1)
   7. Spiderman: Friend or Foe Video Game Preview (Disc 1)
   8. Action Command Spider-Man Preview (Disc 1)
   9. Grains of Sand - Building the Sandman (Disc 2)
  10. Re-imaging The Goblin (Disc 2)
  11. Covered In Black - Creating Venom (Disc 2)
  12. Hanging On - Gwen Stacy and the Collapsing Floor (Disc 2)
  13. Tangled Web: The Love Triangles of Spider-Man 3 (Disc 2)
  14. Wall of Water (Disc 2)
  15. On Location in New York: From Rooftops to Backstreets (Disc 2)
  16. On Location in Cleveland: The Chase on Euclid Avenue (Disc 2)
  17. Inside the Editing Room (Disc 2)
  18. The Science of Sound (Disc 2)
  19. Fighting, Flying and Driving: The Stunts (Disc 2)
  20. 3 Theatrical Trailers (Disc 2)
  21. Theatrical Teaser (Disc 2)
  22. TV Spots from Around the World (8 Foreign TV Spots) (Disc 2)

My Thoughts:
I have heard that this one is rather disappointing to some of the fans... but I, myself... I was riveted to my seat through-out the whole movie... I really enjoyed every minute of it... just like I did with the first 2 movies. Like the first 2 movies, I still feel that too many people got to see Spider-Man without his mask... though in the 3d one this wasn't nearly as bad as the second. I was concerned how well Sandman and Venom would look in the movie... but think they came out right good.

This 2-Disc DVD set is loaded with extras... but there was just no way I could check it all out today... I did check out a few things... and it looks like the set was nicely put together. I do plan on watching more of the extras the next time I watch the movie... and like the first 2 movies... I will definitely be getting lots of enjoyment from this one! Absolutely loved every minute of it!
Pete

Najemikon

Re: Spider-Man 3: 2-Disc Special Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 11:54:42 PM »
I'm really surprised you liked that, Pete! I thought it was really over-boiled and, being a long-term fan of Spider-Man, they completely stuffed up Venom's story. Plus while they're shoehorning Venom in, they lose focus on the really interesting arc for Harry, and didn't give enough time to Sandman.

For the first time in the series, I felt things just "happened" with laziness; Venom just arriving, and Sandman just becoming Sandman. Not to mention the method for making Peter look bad? A fringe.  :shrug:

Still fun though, which makes it worse. Two decent films worth of storylines bolted together to advertise merchandising.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Pete, but this film really annoyed me!  :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Spider-Man 3: 2-Disc Special Edition
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 12:10:51 AM »
No problem... differing opinions is a good thing! :)

I guess I didn't look into it too deeply... I just buckled in for the ride and enjoyed every minute of it... without giving it a second thought.  :P
Pete