Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon 1/2 - 1/4  (Read 15676 times)

Najemikon

Re: Weekend Movie Marathon 1/2 - 1/4
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 02:22:11 PM »
I like The Faculty, as you said, it's a funny no-brainer.

When I read your synopsis I found one thing interesting: Look at the movies the actors are associated with. If this movie would be from 2008, who would combine Elijah Wood with Deep Impact instead of LOTR, Josh Hartnett with Halloween H20 instead of Sin City, Famke Jansen with Deep Rising instead of X-Men?

It does sometimes happen anyway because it makes me laugh. Must be when it's a different distributor and they don't like to mention their rivals movies, even if they were massive.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 02:26:26 PM »
I watched The Faculty in the cinema and didn't pay attention during the opening credits all too much. (I did notice that freeze frame effect but personally thought  it was a fine thing...) During the film I kept thinking that it was a very standard story but somehow had a fresh twist to it at points. I was therefore actually not so surprised to see during the end credits, that Robert Rodriguez had been at the helm :laugh: I love The Faculty for what it is. It is definitely above par for what it does.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 03:15:02 PM »
who would combine Elijah Wood with Deep Impact instead of LOTR

For me Elijah Wood will always be the little boy from the 80s cafĂ© in Back to the Future II  :laugh:

You play it with your hands? That's like baby toys!!!  :hysterical:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 04:42:30 PM »
Count me as another one who like The Faculty, I don't have it yet because I don't want to buy the actual cheap dvd with absolutly no extra.

And how you can not like a movie with Jordana Brewster

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 05:15:20 PM »

The Incredible Hulk: Pilot Movie
In this thrilling two- hour movie, Dr. David Banner inadvertently exposes himself to a high amount of gamma radiation and is horrified to discover that in moments of frustration and anger he is transformed into the incredibly powerful Hulk.

My Thoughts:
Another TV Movie to get me in the mood for the new movie I have on order (which should be here by middle of week). I don't know why I did not watch this one before the 2 reunion movies I watched yesterday... but I have now corrected that mistake. I always liked this telling of the origin. I don't believe it matches what is in the comics... but this series is how I was first introduced to the character. I thought it is a very good start to the series. I enjoyed every minute of it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Well... that is 9 movies for this weekend. Better then what I have been doing on my weekend movie marathons here lately. So I think it is time to put this marathon to an end and go back to watching some TV series for a while. It has been a fun marathon. And I can't wait to get the new Incredible Hulk movie... the hard part will be seeing if I can save it for the weekend!  :P
Pete