Author Topic: Movie Marathon 11/6 - 11/9  (Read 11977 times)

Najemikon

Re: Movie Marathon 11/6 - 11/9
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 02:31:40 PM »
I have seen all those... even own the Freaky Friday with Lohan and Curtis. But even thought it is similar to those... I relate this one more in the line of Big with Tom Hanks... as it don't involve 2 people... just the one that makes a wish to be 30 on her Birthday.

I haven't seen this one, so obviously got mixed up. I thought it was a body-swap! :bag:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 03:47:38 PM »
I have seen all those... even own the Freaky Friday with Lohan and Curtis. But even thought it is similar to those... I relate this one more in the line of Big with Tom Hanks... as it don't involve 2 people... just the one that makes a wish to be 30 on her Birthday.

I haven't seen this one, so obviously got mixed up. I thought it was a body-swap! :bag:

Nope... but I wouldn't mind getting into her (Garner) body one way or another!  :drooling:

Whoops... did I say that?.... sorry!  :bag: :laugh:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 04:12:53 PM »
 :o :redcard:

Naughty! But... true... :-[ :drooling:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »

Disturbia
Even on this quiet tree-lined street, no one is safe...especially from the savage killer next door. Welcome to 'Disturbia', "a cool thriller with big scares" (Richard Roeper, 'EBERT & ROEPER').

Living under three months' house arrest, Kale Brecht (Shia LaBeouf, 'Transformers') passes his days spying on the neighbors. It's all fun and games until things take a horrifying turn for the worse. Kale is convinced his neighbor next door is a serial killer - but he can't prove anything, can't convince anyone and can't leave his house without triggering an alarm. Enlisting the help of his friends, Kale is determined to expose the truth - but have they all taken on more than they bargained for with a cold-blooded murderer on the loose?

With nowhere to run and nowhere to hide, Kale and his friends are in a race for their lives in this electrifying thriller that will keep you on the edge on your seat.

My Thoughts:
This is the second time I watched this movie since it was released. And I have to say... I loved it just as much this time as I did the first time I saw it. I know it is not the most original movie in the world... but I think they did an awesome job with it. There is lots of excitement in this one! If this one slipped by you somehow... I highly recommend checking it out!

My Rating:
Out of a possible 5
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 06:19:36 PM »
I fancy seeing Disturbia, but I've not been in a rush because it just looks like a teen version of Rear Window. I have no problem with that sort of remake because it's updating a truly great story for a new generation. And I think it's quite clever, swapping James Stewart's recuperating photographer with a teenager who has been grounded! But all that said, for me spending time watching this is one less opportunity to watch Rear Window again. :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »
I understand what you are saying... Rear Window is a true classic. And I wouldn't take anything from such an awesome movie. Which is really why I wanted to see this in the first place. I really do think it is well worth checking out Disturbia... I don't think you would be sorry.

And you are right... it is more of a teen thing... but it is a well done one. It is not like you will expect what is to happen well before it does like you usually do on other teen movies.

Anyway... if you ever do decide to give it a try... I would like to know what you think.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 06:21:22 AM »
I have seen Disturbia and thought it was a decent movie. Even with this kind of material I found Shia La Bouef to be a good actor (same for Transformers, actually; found him a bit disappointing in Indiana Jones though, but maybe the competition was bigger in that one ???). In my book it's definetely worth a watch.

What apparently aggrevated moist people about this film was, that the fact that it's a remake of rear Window was not made clear in the credits whatsoever...