Author Topic: My Alphabet Marathon Review  (Read 50342 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: My Alphabet Marathon Review
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 02:25:59 AM »

Title : Toys are not for Children (1973)

Overview
Miserable with her marriage to a toy-store clerk and obsessed with memories of her long-absent father, child-like Jamie learns that toys are not for children when she turns her life around--by becoming a hooker! Playing "daddy's little girl" with dirty old men, she finds true happiness until a friend arranges a special "date" between Jamie and her whore-hungry dad that, to put it mildly, does not go well. Two toy-friendly sickies definitely not for the kiddies!

My Impression
A good thing with Something Weird Video is the fact that they have many hidden jewels. This movie is a good exemple of this, usually the second movie in a double feature is weaker than the principal but TANFC is much better and original than The Toy Box (itself a good movie, but nothing special). The story is really well construct and the acting is good (I can't understand why Marcia Forbes haven't made anything else), it's easy to see that the director had take this project seriously. If you don't like Hollywood ending movie you won't get one here, this ending is one of the more depressing that I've seen. By the way I really like the song theme of this film (Lonely Am I by T. L. Davis). The only downside is that this movie isn't restore at all : the sound is ok but the picture have many defects.

Rating :

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 10:06:52 PM »

Title : Gestapo's Last Orgy (1977)

Overview
Under the iron-fisted rule of Commandant Starker is a special prison camp for women frequented by pleasure-seeking Nazis on leave. Disechanted with the usual Nazi decadence, the Commendant develops a fatal attraction to a beautiful prisoner, Lise, who seems underterred by the nastiness that surround her. It becomes his goal to break her will by subjecting her to some of the most unspeakable tortures and atrocities ever witnessed, including a banquet scene your mind won't easily erase. Years later, Lise lures the Commandant back to the scene of the hate-crimes for some serious closure. One of the sickest entries of the Naziploitation genre, GESTAPO'S LAST ORGY takes a rather artistic approach to its utterly repellent subject matter.

My Impression
The first naziploitation film was released in 1969 with Love Camp 7 (a movie that I really recommand) and because this movie was a huge success in Canada (mostly here in Quebec), another movie like it was produced by Cinepix (a French Canadian studio) and what is this film? Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (another recommandation)... After it a new genre was borned.

Most of those movies are crap, just watch most of the italian productions of this genre and you will agree with me here. This one even if it have a really big reputation as a really disguting movie isn't a part of this italian crap wagon. Sure it have if part of despicable actions (rape, foetus eating, torture,...) but it have something more to it that made it better. It's a love story (not a boring woman love story movie), it's a revenge flick and it's an artistic film (I find it as good as Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom). Sure those movies aren't for everyone, but if you can forget that the core subject is not pleasant you will like it. Just take those movies like any other WIP film is the perfect way to appreciate them.

Rating :

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 11:09:21 PM »

Title : Vixen (1968)

Overview
"Russ Meyer's Vixen will 'jar your senses'... 'jerk your emotions'... 'straddle your soul'. The mind-boggling 'Erica Gavin'... the standard by which all "'voluptua'" must be measured. 'Vixen...is she woman...or animal?'"

Says Roger Ebert, of the Chicago Sun Times, of Vixen: "'Meyer's best...a merciless put-on...Erica Gavin...electrifying!'"

My Impression
What I've wrote in my last review haven't change, so you can read it here

Rating :

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 04:41:27 PM »
Just finish my marathon this morning  ;D
I've wrote more review than I was thinking to do at first  ;D
As usual it was fun, one thing for sure I was in need to watch sexploitation movie after the last month of horror  :devil:

Hope you have enjoy it.

I will not write a lot of review in the next few weeks, since I start my watching of Charmed (seasons 1-8) and I don't really like to write TV review.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:32:40 PM by Jimmy »

richierich

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 06:06:47 PM »
Thanks Jimmy, it's been interesting to see and read of so many titles that I'd never heard of.
Congratulations on finishing the mrathon

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2008, 01:39:43 PM »
Just finish my marathon this morning  ;D
I've wrote more review than I was thinking to do at first  ;D
As usual it was fun, one thing for sure I was in need to watch sexploitation movie after the last month of horror  :devil:

Hope you have enjoy it.

I will not write a lot of review in the next few weeks, since I start my watching of Charmed (seasons 1-8) and I don't really like to write TV review.

I'm going to start to watch Charmed this weekend too.