Author Topic: 2010 October Horror Marathon (Discussion thread)  (Read 31925 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: 2010 October Horror Marathon (Discussion thread)
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2010, 07:40:39 AM »
I did manage to get some reviews posted on Epinions for some of what I watched this year.  I may still try to post about some of them here.  Maybe at least update my list.  lol

I've started working on a review of Forbidden Planet....I have decided it is science fiction horror after watching it. :)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2010, 11:44:11 AM »
Alien

Part of
Alien Anthology

Year: 1979
Director: Ridley Scott,
Cast: Tom Skerritt, Sigourney Weaver, John Hurt
Overview: The massive space-tug Nostromo glides silently through space. Back from the outer reaches of the galaxy, it's taking its seven-member crew back to Earth. But when the ship's computer receives a distress signal from a nearby planetary system, it rouses the crew from their cryo-sleep. It isn't until after the 'Nostromo' has landed on a barren planet named LV-426 and three crewmembers have gone out to investigate a huge derelict spacecraft that the signal is deciphered and found to be a warning. But one crewmember has already experienced a shocking face-to-face encounter with an alien creature while inspecting an egg-shaped pod. And so the horror begins - a horror which will end the lives of six crewmembers and alter the life of the seventh forever.

Watched: 30th. Oct 2010
My Thoughts: Decide to end my October 2010 Horror Marathon on a high. I've seen this film at the cinema and many times on VHS, Laserdisc and DVD in both Theatrical and Director's Cuts. Now I get to see it in Blu.

I chose the original Theatrical Cut to watch and have to say that the transfer of this film is magnificent. It was like going back to seeing it again on a big-screen, if a 40" 1080p TV counts for that. Colours, depth everything just looked superb even when it was dark on screen. I have to say that I didn't notice any strange effects or grain in this.

My Rating: A magnificent 5

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Najemikon

« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2010, 11:48:53 AM »
I'm on my way to start my 67th horror films this month wich beat my last year record by 15 :dance:
I have some movies already removed from my shelf for today, but it's not a garanty I will watch them anyway.

The only thing who suck this year was that I was unable to find any inspirations to review the film... Goddamn white page syndrome :voodoo:

A lot of those movies were great and I would have like to talk about them...

Before I forgot : Thanks Jon for mentionning Peeping Tom and The Wicker Man in past, those two were really great :thumbup:

Good, I'm glad you liked them.  ;D I haven't seen Peeping Tom myself for ages and wanted to this year, but I've been very rubbish at this marathon!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2010, 09:19:17 PM »
I'm watching my 45th movie..The Frighteners.  This will be my last one for the month I think.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2010, 05:16:19 AM »
I am thinking of closing the month out with "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", but as it's a rather special film, I don't know yet if I will be in the mood to watch it.

EDIT:
Nope, just not feeling it tonight (it's a rather raw experience and I want something more relaxing right now). Going to watch some special feature of Grindhouse instead. :shrug:
Eventually realized that I hadn't watched a film yesterday at all yet and changed my mind again :slaphead: Ended up making "A Nightmare on Elm Street" my last film for the marathon.