Author Topic: My Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2008  (Read 152415 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: My Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2008
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2008, 01:38:42 PM »

Title: A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Movie Count: 89
TV Ep Count: 43
Other  Count: 2
Time Started: 7am
Plot:
The last of the Elm Street kids are now at a psychiatric ward where Freddy haunts their dreams with unspeakable horrors. Their only hope is dream researcher and fellow survivor Nancy Thompson (Heather Langenkamp of the original 'Nightmare'), who helps them battle the supernatural psycho on his own hellish turf.

My Thoughts:
This is another of my favorite "Nightmare" movies. I love all the things the kids learned they could do in their dreams. Plus this one has one of my favorite actresses in it... Patricia Arquette. I have been a fan of hers since the first time I saw her TV Series "Medium".

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2008, 08:26:51 PM »

Title: Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Season 2 - A River of Candy Corn Runs Through It
TV Ep Count: 44
Time Started: 3pm
Plot:
The first mortal Halloween party at the Spellman residence starts out dull...untill the furniture starts talking and a river of candy corn appears!

My Thoughts:
This is a fun Halloween episode... I enjoyed it. Though I have to admit I enjoyed the first season's a little more.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2008, 10:00:34 PM »

Title: Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Season 3 - Good Will Haunting
TV Ep Count: 45
Time Started: 4:30pm
Plot:
Hilda and Zelda go to their Aunt Beulah's Halloween party that takes place in an asylum. Sabrina's party is terrorized by a talking doll from the Other Realm.

My Thoughts:
This one I really like. The third season Halloween episode goes a little away from just a "fun" episode... and brings in just a touch of horror. This is also my daughter's favorite Sabrina Halloween episode.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:04:24 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »

Title: Friday the 13th
Movie Count: 90
Time Started: 8am
Plot:
Terror and suspense abound in this 24-hour nightmare of blood. Camp Crystal Lake has been been shuttered for over 20 years due to several vicious and unsolved murders. The camp's new owner and several young counselors are readying the property for re-opening despite warnings of a "death curse" by local residents. The curse proves true on Friday the 13th as one by one each of the counselors is stalked by a violent killer. This film is widely acclaimed for its horrifying and creative murder sequences.

My Thoughts:
This is, of course, the one that started it all. Definitely a classic when it comes to horror. I feel it is a good movie... definitely worth watching... but I have seen better. I really liked the character of Alice in this one. For some reason I keep forgetting there is a young Kevin Bacon in this movie until I watch it again.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 04:37:55 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2008, 04:37:40 PM »

Title: Friday the 13th Part 2
Movie Count: 91
Time Started: 10am
Plot:
Five years after the horrible blood bath at Camp Crystal Lake, all that remains is the legend of Jason Voorhees and his demented mother, who had murdered seven camp counselors. At the nearby summer camp, the new counselors are unconcerned about the warnings to stay away from the infamous site. Carefree, the young people roam the area, not sensing the ominous lurking presence. One by one, they are attacked and brutally slaughtered. Suspense and screams abound in this compelling thriller.

My Thoughts:
The second movie in the series is a good one. This one Jason doesn't have his infamous hockey mask yet. Instead it is a burlap sack. I am enjoying this one just as much as the first... if not a hair better. These films seem to strike a good nostalgia cord for me. It seems  that no movies brings back the '80s for me more then the Friday the 13th movies for some reason.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2008, 06:42:19 PM »

Title: Friday the 13th Part 3
Movie Count: 92
Time Started: 12pm
Plot:
A idyllic summer turns into a nightmare of unspeakable terror for yet another group of naïve counselors. Ignoring Camp Crystal Lake's bloody legacy, one by one they fall victim to the maniacal Jason who stalks them at every turn...

My Thoughts:
This is the movie that Jason gets his hockey mask that everyone knows him by. While I did still enjoy this movie... I didn't care for it as much as some of the others. I just found that I didn't really care about most the characters this time around. I do wish I would have seen this when it was in the theaters... would have been fun to see it in 3-D.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »
The problem with the third part is the fact that it's in 3-D. They have pass most of the time working on those scene and much less on the rest that is the movie. I think that the director mention in his commentary that this technology was a pain in the ....

For the rest : too much humour in it. This is with this one that the franchise turns into a joke for a long time (untill the part six for me). 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2008, 07:51:51 PM »
I don't know... I like the one I am watching now... Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter. :)
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2008, 09:07:42 PM »
The problem with the third part is the fact that it's in 3-D. They have pass most of the time working on those scene and much less on the rest that is the movie. I think that the director mention in his commentary that this technology was a pain in the ....

For the rest : too much humour in it. This is with this one that the franchise turns into a joke for a long time (untill the part six for me). 

I appreciate Dial M for Murder for that. Hitchcock was forced into using 3D, but considered it a gimmick. Even before the film was completed, he was proved right. But he'd filmed in such a way that there are only a couple of odd shots, while the scene with scissors -used on the poster- looks great, 3D or not. House of Wax is the same. The man outside charming people into trying the museum is the only gratuitous scene I can think of and it's still fun. Otherwise the fire looks fantastic.

Najemikon

« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2008, 09:08:39 PM »
I don't know... I like the one I am watching now... Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter. :)

"Now"? How so, if you're on the forum? Are there two Petes? Argh! :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2008, 09:23:09 PM »

"Now"? How so, if you're on the forum? Are there two Petes? Argh! :devil:

It is this little thing on my player called Pause. When I hear my email go off I click it and it pauses the movie for me! Wonderful invention!  :P

But I did have to stop the movie for a bit... have to cook dinner... daughter needs to eat for some strange reason.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2008, 10:16:36 PM »

Title: Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
Movie Count: 93
Time Started: 2pm
Plot:
The body count continues in this vivid thriller, the fourth -- but not final -- story in the widely successful 'Friday The 13th' series. Jason, Crystal Lake's least popular citizen, returns to wreak further havoc in 'Friday The 13th - The Final Chapter'. After his revival in a hospital morgue, the hockey-masked murderer fixes his vengeful attention on the Jarvis family and a group of hitherto carefree teenagers. Young Tommy Jarvis is an aficionado of horror films with special talent for masks and make-up. Has the diabolical Jason finally met his match?

My Thoughts:
I never realized it before watching the credits this time around... but on of the teens is played by a young Crispin Glover. Of course as soon as I seen him on there I knew it was him and wondered why I never realized it before. This one I really enjoyed. I liked the characters. Especially liked Tommy (played by a young Cory Feldman).

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 29, 2008, 10:25:22 PM »
You like almost every horror movie  :laugh:
It kind of the same with me when I talk about a Joe Sarno's movie or an Hershell Gordon Lewis's movie  :laugh:

Judy Aronson is in it so it's a big plus, but I hate the Corey Feldman part (find this stupid even at 14 years old). Some of the killing are good, but like I've said too much humour in it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 29, 2008, 10:32:47 PM »
Especially with Friday the 13th... I pretty much grew up with these movies... and I enjoy them all. Just to different degrees. So I do think that for me nostalgia plays a big part in me enjoying them so much.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2008, 11:54:00 PM »

Title: Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning
Movie Count: 94
Time Started: 5:15pm
Plot:
Jason is back, hockey mask and all. And he's up to his old maniacal tricks in 'Friday The 13th Part V - A New Beginning'. This time he seems to have set his sights on the young patients at a secluded halfway house. And more than a few of his teen targets end up in half, in quarters... you name it, Jason does it.

My Thoughts:
This one I liked... but not as much as some of the others. Some of the characters are enjoyable... but others I just couldn't get myself to care about. I did like the younger boy, Reggie and his grandfather. I also didn't care for the twist at the end of this one. But it is still enjoyable for what it is... and glad I have it in my collection.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5
Pete