Author Topic: Smallville Marathon  (Read 36137 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Smallville Marathon
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2007, 08:37:11 PM »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2007, 02:29:03 AM »
Season 6: Disc 2

4. Arrow
While attending a fundraiser, Lois witnesses the Green Arrow steal a rare diamond necklace off Martha's neck and vows to find the man behind the costume.

My Thoughts:
Good episode... this is the first real look at The Green Archer. was a fun episode... though I have to admit I was expecting a little more for his introduction. Basically it was good... but I was expecting great.

5. Reunion
As teenagers, Lex and Oliver went to the same prep school, where Oliver and his friends bullied Lex and his friend Duncan. Lex eventually turned on Duncan to gain their acceptance, prompting Duncan to throw himself off the roof. Lex and Oliver return to the school for a reunion and are startled when Oliver's old pals are killed in violent and mysterious accidents that point to Duncan.

My Thoughts:
Funny... I remember when this one first aired that I wasn't to impressed with it... but now seeing it on DVD... I found I enjoyed it much more then I did on it's original run. I found it to have a little feel of a haunted house/ghost type story... as they lead you to believe it was possible at first. Definitely enjoyed it better the second time around!

6. Fallout
Clark is thrilled when he learns Raya managed to escape from the Phantom Zone and has come to see him in Smallville. The two grow close and Raya shows Clark how to restore power to the Fortress of Solitude. However, Baern, a killer who also escaped from the Phantom Zone, takes on both Raya and Clark as he seeks revenge for his imprisonment.

My Thoughts:
This one was a good episode.... not only does Clark go against one of the freed phantoms... but also learns more about his father... his home planet and how to bring back the Fortress of Solitude from Raya. enjoyed every minute of this one.

Disc 2 Extras:

Smallville Legends: The Oliver Queen Chronicles
A short 6 episode animated feature to tell the history of The Green Arrow. Was a lot of fun to watch... really enjoyed it.

The Making of Smallville Legends: The Oliver Queen Chronicles
Decent featurette... but nothing I would watch again... but was a fairly cool watch for one time.

Smallville Legends: Justice and Doom
This was pretty cool...made up to look like an animated comic book... but I lost interest pretty fast since I am a fairly slow reader... it got pretty boring to me having to pause it every several seconds so I could read the speech bubbles. Only ended up watching the first episode (was divided in 5 parts).

Deleted Scenes'
had a single deleted scene for 2 of the 3 episodes on this disc... a deleted scene for Arrow and Fallout. Nothing that surprises me that it was cut... but still nice to have as an extra.

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2007, 05:49:48 PM »
Season 6: Disc 3

7. Rage
Clark discovers the Green Arrow was shot while trying to save a couple from a carjacking, but Oliver denies he was injured. However, when Oliver starts displaying erratic behavior, Clark and Chloe investigate and discover he is taking a super-drug that causes his body to heal itself but has severe side effects.

My Thoughts:
This was a good episode... I enjoyed it... even though it did have the underlying message "Don't Do Drugs"... they did it in a way that was not aggravatingly preachy.

8. Static
Clark learns a Zoner has landed in Seattle and slaughtered the entire crew of a working ship. Upon investigation, Clark comes face to face with a horrifying Phantom who sucks the bones out of people.

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed a lot... This is one of the episodes they decided to use a professional wrestler in an episode... using Dave Batista.... which I find extra interesting... as my last name is Battista.  :P I don't know too much about the wrestler as I haven't watched wrestling in years.

9. Subterranean
An illegal immigrant from the nearby McNally farm seeks help from Clark, who soon discovers a sinister secret buried in the farm's cornfield, which had been bombarded during the last meteor shower.

My Thoughts:
This one is a decent episode... but nothing really too special in my opiniion. Just a decent stand alone episode.

10. Hydro
A Daily Planet gossip columnist uses her special power to overhear a conversation between Lana and Chloe, and publishes the conversation... where Lana admits having doubts about marrying Lex. While Chloe investigates the reporter, Lois asks Clark to help her investigate the mysterious Green Arrow bandit when she suspects he may be Oliver Queen in disguise.

My Thoughts:
This episode I enjoyed.... a freak of the week type episode guest starring Tori Spelling. One of the reasons I liked this one is because even our lovable little Chloe gets into a fight in it. And now Lana knows that Chloe not only knows... but is frantically protecting Clark's secret. This episode is just fun.

Disc 3 Extras:
The only extra on this disc is a Deleted Scene for the episode Hydro... which was no real loss to the story line... but still fin to watch.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2007, 06:01:26 PM »
10. Hydro
A Daily Planet gossip columnist uses her special power to overhear a conversation between Lana and Chloe, and publishes the conversation... where Lana admits having doubts about marrying Lex. While Chloe investigates the reporter, Lois asks Clark to help her investigate the mysterious Green Arrow bandit when she suspects he may be Oliver Queen in disguise.

My Thoughts:
This episode I enjoyed.... a freak of the week type episode guest starring Tori Spelling. One of the reasons I liked this one is because even our lovable little Chloe gets into a fight in it. And now Lana knows that Chloe not only knows... but is frantically protecting Clark's secret. This episode is just fun.

Chloe: "I would never do anything to hurt you!"

Lana: "That's what Clark always says!"
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2007, 10:28:59 PM »
Season 6: Disc 4

11. Justice
When Lex's Level 33.1 project comes to fruition, Oliver Queen must bring together several of Clark's "heroic" super-powered allies together: Arthur Curry (Aquaman), Bart Allen (The Flash), and Victor Stone (Cyborg).

My Thoughts:
This is one of my all-time favorite episodes. After all... I have always really enjoyed when the other heroes show up in Smallville... and this one brings them all back. Would love to see another episode like this before Smallville goes off the air.

12. Labyrinth
Clark is in his barn one moment... and the next finds himself in a psychiatric hospital where he discovers he's been suffering from delusions that he came from another planet and has super-powers.

My Thoughts:
Another really good episode.... the "What if" episode that many series does... what if Clark is not really an alien... that this whole time the show was nothing but his crazy delusions. And of course we have The Martian Manhunter in this one to help Clark find his way home. Definitely enjoyed this one.

13. Crimson
Clark is once again exposed to red kryptonite, and his "other self" goes on a rampage of sorts on Valentine's Day, kissing the women he's most attracted to and expressing his uninhibited feelings for the various relationships around him.

My Thoughts:
This one is just a fun episode.... once again Clark gets affected by Red Kryptonite... this time along with Lois... so we get to see some fairly hot Lois and Clark scenes. pretty much all I can say is fun.

14. Trespass
Lana has a stalker which leads her to an unexpected hideout. Also, Chloe has to reevaluate her feelings for Clark after she and Jimmy break up due to Jimmy's belief that she isn't really over Clark.

My Thoughts:
This one is a good episode. Though I do admit of getting a bit tired of the whole Lana is in trouble/being stalked type episode. Of course I think this one is just to show that when in trouble she still seeks help from Clark. Basically a good episode for what it was.

Disc 4 Extras:
This disc only has Deleted scenes for Labyrinth and Crimson... the Crimson one was no big deal... though I am sorry they didn't use the one for Labyrinth... it is a scene where Clark and The Martian Manhunter sit and and had a fairly detailed talk about who he is and the fact that he knew Clark's father and such.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2007, 10:39:39 PM »
Does every sci-fi show have an identity crisis episode? Labyrinth sounds just like a Buffy episode ("Normal Again") where she thinks she's in a mental asylum, suffering from Slayer delusions. The ending is particularly clever, because it leaves open the possibility that either reality is still possible. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2007, 10:55:34 PM »
I think so... pretty much... I know Charmed had an episode like it too... around the 4th season I think.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2007, 11:14:39 PM »
In Star Trek TNG it was 6x21: Frame of Mind
In Star Trek DS9 it was 7x02: Shadows and Symbols
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2007, 02:49:31 AM »
Season 6: Disc 5

15. Freak
A boy named Tobias was blinded by the meteor shower but given the ability to identify other meteor freaks. Lex is using Tobias to locate other people with abilities so that he can perform experiments on them. Lana learns of Tobias and is fearful that he will name Clark as a freak, so she offers him a cornea transplant to keep him quiet. But Tobias has some surprising news.

My Thoughts:
This one was a really good episode...We definitely learn something new in this episode...
(click to show/hide)
  Was an interesting episode... I also like how Clark did the impromptu laser surgery on Chloe. 

16. Promise
Clark has second thoughts about Lana marrying Lex, and Lana has the same concerns. Meanwhile, the doctor involved in the secret behind Lana's pregnancy threatens Lex with his knowledge.

My Thoughts:
This was a good episode... a lot happens... not the least being
(click to show/hide)
As good as it was.. not sure I cared much for the jumping back and forth in time to show the day by different people's perspectives.

17. Combat
Clark and Chloe find an escaped Zoner named Titan who is the star of a secret fight club that puts its death battles on the internet.

My Thoughts:
This episode was just plainly a lot of fun... got to love the illegal fighting arena idea... though I did hate the style of the ring announcer/promoter. This episode has 2 more pro wrestling stars... One being Kane (Think this is the first time I ever seen him without a mask as when I used to watch... he wore one.) and the other being some woman named Ashley. (This one I would have never known was a pro wrestler if it wasn't for her being on Survivor this season.) Nice looking woman... but in my opinion... those 2 piercings in her lower lip has got to go!  :P But I really enjoyed the action and fighting in this one. I also really enjoyed the flirting/fight between that Ashley and Lois!

18. Progeny
Lex discovers that Chloe's mother has special abilities and forces her to help him in exchange for Chloe's life. However, she has a trick or two of her own to use to escape.

My Thoughts:
And yet another episode I really enjoyed! This one guest stars the still lovely Lynda Carter who was of course Wonder Woman back in the 70's. She plays Chloe's mother... so naturally we learn a lot about her and why she left. Also in this episode we find out something huge between Lana and Lex!... 
(click to show/hide)

Disc 5 Extras
This disc also only has Deleted scenes... this time for 3 episodes... Freak, Combat and Progeny.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2007, 05:55:58 PM »
Season 6: Disc 6
19. Nemesis
Lex gets trapped in one of his labs by a distraught woman claiming he kidnapped her husband. She threatens to destroy the lab--with Lex still inside--unless he divulges her husband's whereabouts. When something unexpected causes a rescue attempt by Clark to fail, he becomes trapped as well. Now, the two men must overcome their hatred for each other if they want to make it out alive.

My Thoughts:
This was a good episode... one I enjoyed... but also felt mostly like a filler episode to get further into the end of the season long arc... which is cool... I understand it has to be done.

20. Noir
Lana and Lionel have a secret meeting, after which Lana is shot. While Jimmy is observing photos of the encounter, he is knocked unconscious. While unconscious Jimmy dreams about what life in Smallville would have been like in the 1940s.

My Thoughts:
This episode is just plain fun... a good portion of it done in black and white to give that old 40's feel to it. Like the am I crazy? storyline... this one has been used by other shows also... one that comes to mind is Charmed.... in either season 6 or 7 I think. This episode made me realize... this is one type of movie I have yet to explore. Don't think I have watched much of any film Noir at this point... will have to see what I can do about that.

21. Prototype
Lex tries to turn a soldier that supposedly died in Afghanistan into a "super-soldier." A senator threatens to tell the world about Lex's labs, prompting Lex to send the "soldier" to kill the senator. Lois sees the attack and becomes the soldier's next victim.

My Thoughts:
Another good episode that was done mainly to get to the end of the season long arc. I think they went with the obvious when it came to Lois knowing the guy they used as the "super-soldier" from her younger days as an army brat... but it got the story along and was enjoyable.

22. Phantom
When Clark discovers Lionel threatened to kill him unless Lana married Lex, he goes after Lionel to silence him once and for all. Lana tells Lex she is leaving him, and Martian Manhunter makes a return appearance to help Clark stop Lex, who is trying to find the last wraith from the Phantom Zone in order to use its DNA to power him army of super soldiers.

My Thoughts:
As always... this season of Smallville goes out in a bang... putting several of the main cast members into series danger for a summer long cliffhanger. I really enjoyed it. I am so hoping my favorite character (Chloe) will be back next season. I have heard rumors that she will be back... but have not read any spoilers to be sure. Lana.... was never that much of a fan... so don't really matter much to me either way if she returns... and looking forward to the season premiere this Thursday night with the episode that is (not) surprisingly called Bizzaro!

Disc 6 Extras
The extras for Disc 6 is once again just a couple deleted scenes... this time for episodes "Nemesis" and "Phantom". And once again... nothing to crucial for the storylines... so I can see them being cut... but nice to have as an extra all the same.

Over-All Season 6 Thoughts:
I think this was a surprisingly good season... at least in my opinion. I say surprisingly because more times then not a series tends to get stale by the 6th season. But in my opinion... in it's 6th season Smallville is still a great show. I do have to wonder though... just how many more seasons they can pull out of their hats... After all... Clark is getting to that age now that it is about time to go off and become Superman.

As for the extras... I think they were for the most part a lot of good, interesting stuff here... for me though I have to say that the featurette on the fans of the show was my favorite.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2007, 09:29:39 PM »
Pete, do you remember the episode where Lana was somehow possessed and kicked Chloe halfway through the school until she was knocked out in the girl's shower?

Which episode was that?
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2007, 09:59:42 PM »
If I am not mistaken... that was Season 3... on Disc 3...

11. Delete
Clark and Lana each make an attempt on Chloe's life for unknown reasons after they receive a mysterious e-mail from the Summerholt Institute.

My Thoughts:
This is another good episode. It has a lot of great action in it. I especially liked when Lana went after Chloe... that was a decent fight scene.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2007, 09:40:04 PM »
Thanks!

I re-watched the episode earlier this evening. It's funny to see these early episodes where nobody knows about Clark's abilities (except for his parents).

Lately it has become the question of who doesn't know.
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2007, 09:56:57 PM »
yeah... I know... it does seem to be getting around an awful lot here the last few years
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2007, 11:50:36 PM »
come to think of it: Practically the only ones who don't know are Lex, Lois & Jimmy -> The original Superman crew.

If it's true that the eight season will transform the Smallville arc into the Superman arc maybe they kill everyone else off by the end of the season.
Karsten