Author Topic: Smallville Marathon  (Read 36136 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Smallville Marathon
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2010, 05:32:24 PM »
Season 8: Disc 3

9. ABYSS
Memory purge. Clark seeks JOR-EL'S help as BRAINIAC progressively wipes Chloe's memories and replaces them with Kryptonian code. Jor-El assists...and offers an ominous forecast about what's to come.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. I enjoyed most all of it. There is one part I didn't care for... even though I know it don't last long and know that it makes the story more interesting... but I didn't care for Clark deciding not to let Chloe remember about his abilities and Krypton.

My Rating:

10. BRIDE
It's a beautiful day for a wedding at Kent Farm and Chloe has never looked more radiant. Lana is an unexpected guest. Also unexpected is an interloper of profound evil and power – a being determined to make sure Chloe is not Jimmy's bride.

My Thoughts:
In this episode we get our first glimps of Doomsday. We also find out a little something about Lex as well. And we see a familiar face come to Chloe and Jimmy's wedding. It is a good episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

My Rating:

11. LEGION
SATURN GIRL. LIGHTNING LAD. COSMIC BOY. Heroes from the 31st century arrive to rescue Clark from the attack of the PERSUADER. They also insist there's only one way for Clark to stop Brainiac, who now totally inhabits Chloe – kill Chloe!

My Thoughts:
This episode I really enjoyed. As I have said before I love when other superheroes arrive in smallville. And even though I am no familiar with any of the ones in this episode... it was still a lot of fun to watch.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2010, 12:25:36 AM »
Season 8: Disc 4

12. BULLETPROOF
Clark Kent, undercover cop. He poses as a police officer to find who shot Det. JOHN JONES, AKA MARTIAN MANHUNTER. Tess discovers that she is linked to Lex in a surprising way.

My Thoughts:
A good episode. I liked the whole going undercover as a cop thing. Even if it has been done before (Lois & Clark).

My Rating:

13. POWER
Can move at superspeed and snatch a bullet out of the air: That person is...LANA LANG. She uses the empowering nano-thechnology skin graft of the Prometheus Project on herself. But Clark worries that her new abilities may be too much for her.

My Thoughts:
While I did enjoy this episode... I didn't like it as much as most the others. I don't know that I like the whole super-powered Lana idea. I don't know if this is something that follows the comics or if it is a Smallville thing.

My Rating:

14. REQUIEM
A toymaker turns his creation into kryptonite-laced bombs. One detonates inside the LUTHORCORP boardroom with deadly results. Another will take down the Daily Planet building if Lana and Clark don't find it. But finding it will have consequences....

My Thoughts:
I am not sure why... but the person that plays the Toymaker looks familiar but can't place him. While I still don't care for the whole superpowered Lana idea... this is a pretty good episode. And is this the last time we see Lana? I really can't remember if she been back on the show since or not.

My Rating:

15. INFAMOUS
Tell the world! LINDA LAKE — the ex-gossip columnist who can shapeshift into water — threatens to reveal Clark's secret, so he decides to reveal the truth his way and asks Lois to do the story. Davis, meanwhile, copes with his own identity problem.

My Thoughts:
I found this episode to be excellent. I liked how it showed Clark what would happen if the world found out his secret. It seems normally shows like this goes one of two ways an alternate reality or time travel. In this case they decided to go with time travel and set it up back in the episode of Legion.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2010, 01:06:20 AM »
Season 8: Disc 5

16. TURBULENCE
Jimmy, addled by painkillers, struggles with the recall of Doomsday's attack...and with the attraction Chloe seems to have for Davis. Tess, perhaps trying to smoke out the Red-Blue Blur, finds herself aloft in a distressrd private jet with Clark. Hero wanted!

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. We have problems with Chloe and Jimmy... Clark thinks Tess knows his secret when she sets him up to save her and Jimmy sees Davis for the kind of person he really is.

My Rating:

17. HEX
The magician ZANTANNA makes wishes come true...but every wish has consequences. When Chloe wishes she can have an uncomplicated lide like Lois does, she becomes Lois. And Clark? He just wants to be normal.

My Thoughts:
This is a fair episode. Nothing really spectacular about it... but it is enjoyable. I see so many body switching shows that the Chloe as Lois thing didn't do much foir me. But I did like the Clark forgetting his superhero side. But I must say I did love the ending of the episode where they established Chloe in the Watchtower.

My Rating:

18. ETERNAL
The past: Not one, but two boys mysteriously emerge from the meteor shower. The present: Clark realizes the other boy is Davis...and Davis tells Chloe she is the only one who can keep his Doomsday alter ego from killing Clark.

My Thoughts:
This episode is all about the doomsday arc. It is a good episode... I enjoyed it. Though I do admit I am about ready for this arc to end. And that is getting close thankfully

My Rating:

19. STILETTO
Takes one to know one. Eager to get an interview with the mysterious and elusive Red-Blue Blur, Lois creates her own superhero identity as a means to lure him. Chloe ties to Davis/Doomsday grow more complicated.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode. I definitely liked Lois in that Stiletto outfit!

My Rating:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:25:12 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2010, 12:23:28 AM »
Season 8: Disc 6

20. BEAST
After Clark discovers the grave of Davis/Doomsday is empty, Oliver encourages our hero to end the problem with Doomsday forever. But Clark is reluctant to take a life...and he does not know that the person he trusts most shelters Davis.

My Thoughts:
Being the final three episodes... we are pretty much at the point that all the rest of the episodes will be about Doomsday.This one is pretty good. Some parts seemed a little slow.

My Rating:

21. INJUSTICE
Has Chloe had a change of heart? She urges Clark to destroy Davis before it is too late. So does Tess, who puts her squad of meteor-powered operatives on the trail of the beast. Meanwhile, Clark devises a plan that could separate Doomsday from Davis.

My Thoughts:
This one I liked quite a bit. I enjoyed seeing some of the past meteor freaks come back in their own group. Very good!

My Rating:

22. DOOMSDAY
The end comes. But for whom (and, perhaps even, for how long)? Green Arrow and his cohorts set out to do what Clark refuses to do – kill Doomsday and host vessel Davis. Chaos erupts and in it's aftermath, Clark has a profound realization about his human side.

My Thoughts:
This is an excellent episode to end the season on. I really liked to see Black Canary and Bart Allen (Impulse) again. And the storyline with Jimmy was great. I definitely enjoyed every second of it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2010, 12:24:52 AM »
OK... my Smallville marathon is now over. At least until I get the current season on DVD!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2011, 08:24:53 PM »
Well... with today's arrival of Season 9.... after well over 1 year!.... I can finally bring this thread back to life!  ;D
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2011, 09:11:59 PM »
Smallville: The Complete Ninth Season
Great planet, Earth is. So great that other survivors of PLANET KRYPTON wouldn't mind making it home and taking control. But fellow KRYPTONIAN CLARK KENT has a warning for ZOD and his followers who cross the line, especially if they seek to enlist LOIS LANE in their schemes: I will destroy you all!

Hearts grow fonder (Clark & Lois) and dangers grow stronger (Clark vs. warriors of Zod) in this 6-disc season 9 collection. Plus, unexpected characters from DC COMICS lore add exciting new layers to the adventures of the man who will become SUPERMAN. Among them: the shape-shifting WONDER TWINS, magical ZANTANNA and in an action-packed Double Episode, JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA'S DR. FATE, HAWKMAN and STARGIRL. May justice prevail – and Earth survive!

Episodes:
1. Savior
2. Metallo
3. Rabid
4. Echo
5. Roulette
6. Crossfire
7. Kandor
8. Idol
9. Pandora
10. Disciple
11. Absolute Justice
12. Warrior
13. Persuasion
14. Conspiracy
15. Escape
16. Checkmate
17. Upgrade
18. Charade
19. Sacrifice
20. Hostage
21. Salvation

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2011, 01:48:00 AM »
Season 9: Disc 1

1. Savor
What time is it? Three weeks later. Time for LOIS LANE to return from her accidental slip into the timestream. Time for ZOD to assemble his followers. Time for CLARK KENT to train, even though he finds it hard to cut off human attachments that may distract him.

My Thoughts:
This is a right good start to the new season. Though I am not really sure how much I will like this season's main storyline. I remember bits and pieces from when the season originally aired. But not enough to really remember if I liked the season as a whole. But think it is fairly promising going by this episode.

My Rating:

2. Metallo
Human form, KRYPTONITE heart. Corben awakes from a post-accident operation to find that someone has transformed him into a powerful, meteor-fueled cyborg. Now he has the power to do what he couldn't do before: stop that rogue vigilante called "THE BLUR"!

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this episode more then I remembered I did. I liked how they did Metallo in this series. It is definitely an improvement over how they did him in Lois & Clark which I just recently watched again.

My Rating:

3. Rabid
Welcome to Zombietown, aka METROPOLIS. Zod's minions unleash a virus that turns people into zombies. OLIVER QUEEN, meanwhile, continues to despair over his murder of LEX LUTHER and seems close to abandoning his crime-fighting GREEN ARROW alter ego.

My Thoughts:
OK... I don't think anyone here is surprised that I loved this episode! I mean come on it is a zombie story! Of course they couldn't use the gore that they can in movies... but I still liked how it all came out.

My Rating:

4. Echo
Clark finds his temporary ability to read minds can get him a date with Lois and, more importantly, training in understanding humans. Also: Oliver becomes the target of deranged WINSLOW SCHOTT's game of "TOYMAN Says."

My Thoughts:
This one is a good episode... but not quite as good as the previous couple. I liked how Clark temporarily had the new power of reading minds. I am fine with it as long as it was made to be temporary. I wouldn't want them to change things from the Superman lore so much to give him a permanent power he was never known for having before. The Toyman storyline was alright... but I never cared much for that character anyway.

My Rating:

Disc One Thoughts:
Over all a very good start to the season. It raises my hopes that the season will be better then I was remembering it to be. The only real extra on this first disc is a single deleted scene for the epiosde Rabid. But this deleted scene was so short that if you would blink you would miss it. I don't know why they even bothered to delete it. Certainly couldn't have been due to time.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
Season 9: Disc 2

5. Roulette
It's not Game Over when Oliver comes to consciousness inside a closed coffin – it's Game On, the first of a series of bizarre scenarios that put Oliver to a strange yet meaningful test. Plus: Clark discovers evidence of the growing KANDORIAN menace.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. Oliver is put through a "Saw" type hell in this episode. Made things very entertaining to watch.

My Rating:

6. Crossfire
Will they be a rating smash? Lois and CLark audition as hosts of Good Morning Metropolis. Oliver rescues Mia from the streets, Chloe uses inside info to recruit ace hacker STUART CAMPBELL. Tess shows she's much tougher than Zod expected her to be.

My Thoughts:
A decent episode, but nothing really special about it. Really nothing more then filler... basically just bringing all the storylines of the season a little further.

My Rating:

7. Kandor
JOR-EL – not a computer construct, but alive and on Earth! Clark is stunned by the new and eager to find his KRYPTONIAN father. But someone else is equally determined to find him: Zod, Jor-El's friend-turned-foe.

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed. This one has a lot of background for Jor-El and Major Zod. Made the story that much more interesting to watch.

My Rating:

8. Idol
Powers activate! Help is on the way – and so is trouble – when ZAN and JAYNA decide to assist "The Blur." Lois is stunned when a phone call with the Blur convinces her that he is the guy she likes to refer to as SMALLVILLE – Clark Kent!

My Thoughts:
Maybe because of pure nostalgia... but I really loved seeing The Wonder Twins in this episode. No... I wasn't that big of a fan of theirs in the cartoons of the '70s (the only place I know them from)... but I still got quite the kick out of them showing up on Smallville. I not sure how I feel about they way they made the twins for this series. There was some things I liked... others not so much. But over-all acceptable. I do wish they did more for Gleek... their pet space monkey. They showed a picture of him as a design for Jayna's cell. I don't know... maybe it would have been too much but I would have gotten a kick out of a CGI Gleek. But then not sure how they would do it... since it seems they wanted you to believe the Wonder Twins were just siblings effected by the meteor rock instead of aliens themselves.

My Rating:

Disc Two Thoughts:
Over all I enjoyed this disc... though not quite as much as I did Disc 1. Two of the episodes on this disc has commentaries... Kandor and Idol. Then there is another short deleted scene for the episode Roulette.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2011, 01:52:42 AM »
Season 9: Disc 3

9. Pandora
Tess taps into Lois' time-travel memory of the future – and finds a ravaged world where Zod reigns, Clark is powerless, Chloe heads a commando unit and Tess herself is doomed. Is there a way to undo this grim tomorrow?

My Thoughts:
Excellent episode! In this one we find out what happened to Lois when she traveled into the future. I enjoyed it so much that I was glued to my seat watching... and the episode seemed to go by so fast I was actually surprised when it was over. If that isn't a sign of a good episode... I don't know what is!

My Rating:

10. Disciple
No lovers, no allies, no disciples: Oliver's mentor THE DARK ARCHER arrives with a vengeance, targeting those close to Oliver. Clark refuses Zod's dubious overtures of alliance.

My Thoughts:
Another episode I loved every minute of! Obviously this one dives into Oliver's past. I never knew much about the Green Arrow... so I can't say how well this episode portrays the comics... but it is definitely enough to keep me glued to my seat!

My Rating:

11. Absolute Justice
DR. FATE, HAWKMAN, STARGIRL – members of the disbanded JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA reunite to confront the threat of being iced by the notorious villain ICICLE. They'll need the help of another heroic team to succeed – a nameless group Clark Kent calls "a work in progress."

My Thoughts:
This is the one episode I was really looking forward to seeing again when I ordered this set. When this episode originally aired they promoted it as a Smallville Movie Event. And I must say... I enjoyed it as much this time as I did when it originally aired! I loved seeing all the heroes get together like this.

My Rating:

Disc Three Thoughts:
Awesome Disc of episodes! Every single episode had me completely hooked from the start to the finish! Unfortunately the only extra on this entire disc is a deleted scene for Disciple. I would have loved to had a commentary for Absolute Justice! But unfortunately that didn't happen.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2011, 10:37:12 PM »
Season 9: Disc 4

12. Warrior
A troubled boy turns into WARRIOR ANGEL when he opens a charmed comic book. Clark, knowing the youth isn't ready for enhanced abilities, teams with ZATANNA to find him...and Lois becomes jealous of Clark and Zatanna's relationship.

My Thoughts:
This episode is done purely for fun. And I enjoyed it as such. Also can't complain with the writers putting Lois in a couple more costumes... especially the amazon costume.

My Rating:

13. Persuasion
Happy Valentine's Day! Exposure to rare Kryptonite dust gives a persuasive power that inadvertently induces LOIS LANE to be his li'l homemaker honey. Maybe there's also another use for that power: convince Zod to reveal Jor-El's murderer!

My Thoughts:
A pretty good episode... advances the main storyline but does little else.

My Rating:

14. Conspiracy
Aliens abducted! Determined to prove ETs walk among us, a deranged physician kidnaps and cruelly experiments on Kandorians. Zod sets out to rescue the victims – a gambit that may unexpectedly lead to reconciliation with Clark.

My Thoughts:
Another one that is pretty good. For some reason I am not enjoying the main storyline of the Kandorians as much as I remembered I did during the original airing. Maybe it don't hold up quite as well on multiple viewings?

My Rating:

15. Escape
Table for four: Lois and Clark's romantic getaway takes an unexpected turn when Chloe and Oliver stay at the same B&B. Even more unexpected: the appearance of the man-killing SILVER BANSHEE. Elsewhere, there's another new power couple: Zod and Tess.

My Thoughts:
A good, strong episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Loved the reaction of Lois & Clark and Oliver & Chloe ending up at the same B&B.

My Rating:

Disc Four Thoughts:
Over all I enjoyed the episodes on this disc quite a bit. But I do seem to be loosing my interest int he main storyline involving the Kandorians. But still enjoying it enough to make it worth watching.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2011, 11:05:20 PM »
12. Warrior
A troubled boy turns into WARRIOR ANGEL when he opens a charmed comic book. Clark, knowing the youth isn't ready for enhanced abilities, teams with ZATANNA to find him...and Lois becomes jealous of Clark and Zatanna's relationship.

My Thoughts:
This episode is done purely for fun. And I enjoyed it as such. Also can't complain with the writers putting Lois in a couple more costumes... especially the amazon costume.

;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2011, 11:17:50 PM »
 :thumbsup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2011, 12:23:53 AM »
I like the costume Lois wears in the episode I am watching now!...

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2011, 01:16:22 AM »
Season 9: Disc 5

16. Checkmate
Government agent AMANDA WALLER returns, seeking recruits as she tries to find and dismantle WATCHTOWER. JOHN JONES – aka MARTIAN MANHUNTER – assists Clark's attempt to thwart Waller's quest. But a question arises: for whom is Jones actually working?

My Thoughts:
A good..strong episode. Moves the main storyline along nicely.

My Rating:

17. Upgrade
Clark and Zod: an unstoppable duo. Under the influence of red Kryptonite, Clark teams with the Kandorian, takes him to the FORTRESS. Will he next reveal all his secrets? Chloe enlists an upgraded ally to stop the powerful alliance: METALLO.

My Thoughts:
Being so close to the end of the season... it is no surprise that most all the episodes from this point on will be about the main storyline with the Kandoreans. But I do seem to be getting into it again as well.

My Rating:

18. Charade
Can the Blur continue to hide his identity? Not if tycoon MAXWELL LORD can use his tech know-how to create a composite memory from citizens – notably Lois! – who've had brushes with him. The results lead to a reckoning between Lois, Clark...and the Blur.

My Thoughts:
I could have sworn this was the episode that Lois finds out about Clark. But it seems I was wrong. Didn't she find out in Season 9? Or was that not until Season 10? I thought it was season 9 but now I am second guessing myself. Either way... I enjoyed the episode... including the image of Lois in the playmate bunny costume (see post above this one).

My Rating:

Disc Five Thoughts:
A good disc of episodes. All the episodes on this disc are done to advance the main storyline of the season. Which is to be expected by now... what with only 3 episodes left in the season. The only extras on this disc is deleted scenes for Upgrade and Charade.
Pete