Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Mini-Reviews  (Read 2824 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Addicted2dvd's Mini-Reviews
« on: September 30, 2012, 10:08:30 PM »
Being without my own computer now... I don't get much chance to get on my brother's though I will be able to use my daughter's when she is in school. Just not on the weekends.

So I no longer have a way to generate the fancy reviews with DVD Profiler (I will probably put it on Brittany's... we will see)... or be able to post as I watch like I am used to. So I need a place to do my mini-reviews.

Here is what I watched so far this weekend...
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Mini-Reviews
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:14:42 PM »

Balls of Fury
Watch the balls fly in this hiliarious, action-packed comedy starring Christopher Walken (Hairspray) and George Lopez (The George Lopez Show)! When former professional table tennis phenomenon Randy Daytona (Dan Fogler) is recruited by FBI agent Rodriguez (Lopez) for a mission in the unsanctioned, underground and utterly unhinged world of extreme table tennis, he's determined to bounce back to his former glory and smoke out his father's killer, the arch-fiend Feng (Walken). But with danger coming at him from every angle, will Randy be able to keep his eye on the balls? From the creators of Night at the Museum and Reno 911! comes the outrageous film critics are calling "a fast, furious comedy!" (Thelma Adams, US Weekly)

My Thoughts:
I wasn't expecting too much going into this one. But I found it to be pretty entertaining. Though it is definitely on the silly side. But it is worth the time to put into it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:15:03 PM »
Just not on the weekends.
I was almost affraid to not see you for the marathon beginning in less than 8 hours, I guess you'll start tomorrow.

Hope you will be able to get your computer working soon and not for too much...
We never know maybe your brother will find that it isn't a big thing...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:18:42 PM »

Mirror Mirror
One of the world's most beloved fairy tales takes a hilarious turn in this fresh, exciting film staring Oscar® Winner* Julia Roberts.

After she spends all her money, an evil enchantress queen (Roberts) schemes to marry a handsome, wealty prince (The Social Network's Armie Hammer). There's just one problem – he's in love with a beautiful princess, Snow White (Lily Collins, The Blind Side). Now joined by seven rebelious dwarves, Snow White launches an epic battle of good vs. evil in this funny, magical movie that the whole family will love.

*2000, Actress, Erin Brockovich

My Thoughts:
This one started off on the slow side for me. I started to worry it wouldn't keep my interest. Thankfully I found I really got into it before too long into the film. I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 10:19:56 PM »
Just not on the weekends.
I was almost affraid to not see you for the marathon beginning in less than 8 hours, I guess you'll start tomorrow.

Hope you will be able to get your computer working soon and not for too much...
We never know maybe your brother will find that it isn't a big thing...

My brother is self-taught and don't know the first thing about laptops... so it will have to wait till I can afford to get it in the shop.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 10:23:18 PM »

Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach
Sun, fun and babes in shades. Where else but Miami Beach? Buffoons, blockheads and party-hearty animals. Who else but the Police Academy gang? Put them all together for Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach, the caper that takes our klutzy cops on the road.

Our badge-carrying bunglers are in Miami for a convention honoring Cmdt. Lassard. But crime doesn't take a vacation, even if our heroes do. Lassard is kidnapped. And not even the lure of limbo beach parties will stop the intrepid troopers' uproarious rescue attempts. So join your armed and hilarious favorites. If there's a Most Wanted List for laughter, these loony coppers have just gotta be on it.

My Thoughts:
The series is going down here a bit at this point. But I still found a few laughs in it. Still worth the time of watching.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 10:26:57 PM »

Iron Man 2
Robert Downey Jr. returns as billionaire Tony Stark in this thrilling sequel to the worldwide blockbuster. Now that his Super Hero secret has been revealed, Tony's life is more intense than ever. Everyone wants in on the Iron Man technology, whether for power or profit...but for Ivan Vanko ("Whiplash"), it's revenge! Tony must once again suit up and face his most dengerous enemy yet, but not without a few new allies of his own. Co-starring Mickey Rourke, Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and Scarlett Johansson, Iron Man 2 is "Spectacular!"*

*Lee Thomas, FOX 2 Detroit

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I got to see this movie since Brittany and I went to see it at the theater. I enjoyed it just as much as I remember enjoying it then. Loved every second of it!

My Rating:
Pete