Author Topic: Wes Craven Marthon  (Read 18698 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Wes Craven Marthon
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 11:13:25 PM »

Summer of Fear
When Rachel's cousin Julia comes to live with the family at the farm, unsettling things begin to occur. Casting an alluring spell over everyone she meets, Julia slowly lures everyone away from Rachel. Terrifying instances of the occult begin to take place, forcing Rachel to fight for survival against what is revealed to be a horrifying demonic presence!

My Thoughts:
This is a TV Movie from 1978 starring Linda Blair. It is one I actually wanted to watch during my Witches and Warlocks marathon but never got around to.Another person I recognized in this movie is Fran Drescher (The Nanny) as Linda Blair's friend. This is a really good movie that I enjoyed every minute of. The extras on this release include Director and Cast Filmographies, Audio Commentary (Wes Craven & Max A. Keller) and Trailers. If you never seen this movie before... I definitely recommend checking it out!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 04:59:50 PM »

Vampire in Brooklyn
Eddie Murphy's got the bite stuff in this movie mix of bone-chilling horror and chill-out comedy directed by Wes Craven ('A Nightmare on Elm Street'). As the vampire Maximillion, the popular star is the most diabolical, dashing and definitely undead dude in the 'hood'. To add to the macabre fun, Murphy morphs into two other must-see characters: a paunchy preacher and a fast talking thug.

Angela Bassett ('The Score') plays the cop who's world is rocked by Maximillion's attempts to make her his soul mate for eternity. And Kadeem Hardison is the vampire's haplessly decaying sidekick. Brooklyn may be home to the undead now that Max is around - but that meansit's livelier then ever!

My Thoughts:
To be completely honest... I never realized this was a Wes Craven Movie till I did a search for Wes Craven in DVD Profiler. This movie is a guilty pleasure horror for me... a movie that I really shouldn't enjoy as much as I actually do. I don't even know what it is about this one... I have watched it several times... always finding it to just be a fun movie! Unfortunately the only extra on this disc is the Theatrical Trailer.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 06:03:40 PM »
If you never seen this movie before... I definitely recommend checking it out!
I never even heard about this one... And I thought I at least knew which films Wes had made.

I'll chack it out and maybe add it to my Wish List.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 06:47:42 PM »
If you never seen this movie before... I definitely recommend checking it out!
I never even heard about this one... And I thought I at least knew which films Wes had made.

I'll chack it out and maybe add it to my Wish List.

Looking at IMDB :bag: Apparently it's original title is Stranger in Our House... maybe you know it by that title? It was a 1978 TV Movie.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 06:54:43 PM »
No, also didn't know it by the other Title. Being a TV movie would explain why I didn't know it...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 07:11:41 PM »
I found the trailer for Summer of Fear online... you can check it out HERE  ;D
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 02:05:25 PM »

A Nightmare on Elm Street
From modern horror master Wes Craven ('Scream', 'Scream 2') comes a timeless shocker that remains the standard bearer for terror.

Nancy (Heather Langenkamp) is having grisly nightmares. Something monstrous wants to kill her. Meanwhile, her high-school friends, who are having the very same dream, are being slaughtered in their sleep by the hideous fiend of their shared nightmare. When the police ignore her explanation, she herself must confront the killer in his shadowy realm.

Featuring John Saxon ('Enter The Dragon') and Johnny Depp in his first starring role and mind-bending special effects, this horror classic gave birth to one of the most infamous undead villains in cinematic history. Reportedly naming Freddy Krueger after a kid who had bullied him in school, writer-director Craven hatches a shock-fest from hell that "goes straight to the heart of terror" ('Seattle Times').

My Thoughts:
This is not only my favorite Wes Craven movie... but one of my favorite horror movies! I have loved this movie since the first time I saw it. I was only 15 years old when I first saw it. And it scared the crap out of me at that time... of course none of the sequels are as scary as the original one was... but I do enjoy all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies!

I have the complete series boxset. Was one I ordered as soon as it was available for pre-order. I absolutely love how the extras disc is set up in this set... how you have to find the majority of the extras by exploring Freddy's house. I tell you what... I enjoy this series so much that I feel a marathon within a marathon coming!  ;D
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 02:34:12 PM »

A Nightmare on Elm Street

I own it but never watched it, it remains sealed - I feel shame :bag:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 02:44:29 PM »
Kathy... I highly recommend it!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 04:39:07 PM »

Don't Look Down
One fateful day, as Carla's boyfriend snapped photos, Carla's sister fell through the loose railing and plummeted over a cliff to a tragic death. Ever since, Carlahas been haunted by visions of her angry sister blaming her. As a result, Carla has developed an unnatural and paralyzing fear of heights.

To overcome her acrophobia, she joins a support group. But when the support group members start getting killed one by one, Carla begins to suspect her sister's accident was no accident - and that she has been the real target all along.

My Thoughts:
This was a 1998 TV Movie. It is a good movie... I really did enjoy it. I wouldn't say it is really that scary... but it does have a bit of an effect on me since I do have a touch of a fear of heights. Unfortunately this DVD has no extras what so ever.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 04:55:59 PM »
Thanks, looks interesting. Being made by one of my faves Wes, it might be a nice way to add some witchcraft to my collection.

Thumbs up for A Nightmare on Elm Street! One of my few triple-dips :-[ First the original(?) release, then the Box Set and I then also bought the Infinifilm, as it is supposed to be superior to the Box Set version.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007, 05:09:26 PM »
Thanks, looks interesting. Being made by one of my faves Wes, it might be a nice way to add some witchcraft to my collection.
Yeah... definitely a good one to add a little witchcraft to your collection. :)

Thumbs up for A Nightmare on Elm Street! One of my few triple-dips :-[ First the original(?) release, then the Box Set and I then also bought the Infinifilm, as it is supposed to be superior to the Box Set version.
See Kathy... what more do you need to know then that!   ;D
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2007, 05:25:15 PM »
Yeah... definitely a good one to add a little witchcraft to your collection. :)

See Kathy... what more do you need to know then that!   ;D

Okay okay I submit  :bow: I have broken the seal and will watch it next. When I went through my collection I noticed a DVD "The Nightmare Series Encyclopedia" - should I watch that first?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2007, 05:42:29 PM »
The Encyclopedia is very awesome... but no... you want to save it for last... it is the bonus disc for all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies so it will contain spoilers for all the movies.

That being said... I love how the disc is set up... where you actually play a game with your dvd player's remote... exploring Freddy Krueger's house. :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 05:59:57 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2007, 06:13:07 PM »

Scream
A crowd-pleasing smash hit with a sizzling cast - critics are calling SCREAM the hippest thriller of the year! After a series of mysterious deaths, a seemingly peaceful community becomes a place where no one is safe...and everyone is suspect! That's when an offbeat group of friends rally to unlock the town's deadly secrets...and get caught up in a lively mix of thrills, chills and surprises! Featuring all-star talent, including Drew Barrymore ('Boys on the Side'), Courteney Cox (TV's 'Friends'), Neve Campbell ('The Craft'), Skeet Ulrich ('Touch'), and David Arquette ('Beautiful Girls'), this strikingly original and entertaining motion picture delivers nonstop edge-of-your-seat excitement...and fun! Bonus: Contains an audio commentary by director Wes Craven and screenwriter Kevin Williamson!

My Thoughts:
There is no way I could have a Wes Craven Marathon and not watch Scream! This was a really good movie... I liked it because it dealt with the subject of horror movies. And of course horror movies are my favorites! I like not only the opening scene where they had the horror movie trivia questions the killer asked on the phones... but where it continued on with the "Rules" of horror movies. A lot of fun.

I still have the original release of this one... though I am hoping to upgrade it to the Collector's Series.

Well... that makes 7 Wes Craven movies.. I think I will just go ahead and call it an end to this marathon... and decide what I will watch next. It was a really fun marathon though... and look forward to revisit my Wes Craven collection again in the future.
Pete