Author Topic: Graboids Galore! - Tremors Marathon  (Read 8501 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Graboids Galore! - Tremors Marathon
« on: July 28, 2007, 05:10:10 PM »
Graboids Galore!
Tremors Marathon
I have already seen most of the Tremor movies... actually all but the last one. Since I just recently got the last one... and haven't seen any of the others in quite a while... so I thought it was about time for a Tremors Marathon.

Tremors: Collector's Edition
Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward star as two country handymen who lead a cast of zany characters to safety in this exciting sci-fi creature comedy.

Just as Val McKee (Bacon) and Earl Basset (Ward) decide to leave Perfection, Nevada, strange rumblings prevent their departure. With the help of a shapely seismology student ('Finn Carter'), they discover their desolate town is infested with gigantic man-eating creatures that live below the ground.

The race is on to overcome these slimy subterraneans and find a way to higher ground, in this enjoyable thriller co-starring Michael Gross and Reba McEntire.

My Thoughts:
This is a movie that for some reason I always enjoyed... ever since I brought it home the very first time... when I rented it on VHS. Wow that was a long time ago. One thing I really liked about this... is you don't have to be a horror fan to enjoy this monster movie. My brother (who hates horror) loves this series of movies. This is what I personally call a "light horror". The DVD release is really good. nice quality and a great collection of extras! What more can you ask?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Graboids Galore! - Tremors Marathon
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 08:55:58 PM »

Tremors 2: Aftershocks
They're back! The giant underground creatures that terrorized a desert town in 'Tremors' are now plowing their way through Mexican oil fields, gobbling up everything and everyone around--and only one man can stop them! In the style of its predecessor, this comedy sci-fi creature feature reunites 'Fred Ward' as down-on-his-luck Earl Basset and 'Michael Gross' as gung-ho survivalist Burt Gummer, two desert desperadoes who take on the task of destroying the monsters. Partnered with them is 'Christopher Gartin', a young guy in need of kicks, cash, and a career change, and 'Helen Shaver', a sexy and intrepid scientist who's seen it all...until now. Together they devise an ingenious plan for tracking and killing the creatures. 'Tremors 2' is filled with high speed action and plenty of laughs - until the predators wise up.

My Thoughts:
In this part we had both "Graboids" (worm-like Creatures) and Shriekers (Heat Seeking little Creatures). This movie was just a fun sequel to the first one. And something that I can only seldomly ever says... I think this one was just as good as the first one. Was a lot of fun to watch. Unfortunately this one didn't have even nearly the amount of extras the first one had.. though it did have a couple things. If you liked the first one I am pretty certain you will like this one as well.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 12:17:21 AM »

Tremors 3: Back to Perfection
Those morphing, man-eating monsters are shaking things up again in the dusty little town of Perfection, Nevada - and durvivalist Burt Gummer (Michael Gross) is the only solution to the latest evolution! Aided by a couple of young entrepreneurs (Shawn Christian and Susan Chang), Burt pits his impressive knowledge of weaponry against the newest and dealiest generation of Graboids. If Burt and his new partners can't find a way to stop them, then the creatures that put Perfection on the map will wipe it right off the face of the earth. 'Tremors 3' promises earth-shaking, explosive, edge-of-your-seat entertainment!

My Thoughts:
In this one we get to see a new mutation again... this time it goes from Graboid (worm-like creature) to Shrieker (heat seeking creature) to Ass-Blaster (flying shrieker). This one was pretty good as well... though I didn't care for it quite as much as the first 2... I did still enjoy it a lot. The extras really seemed to go downhill at this point too... not much included in this one at all. Oh well... at least it is a good movie... and the movie is what matters.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 03:15:14 AM »

Tremors 4: The Legend Begins
When workers in the remote mining town of Rejection, Nevada, fall victim to an unseen predator, the mines owner, Hiram Gummer [Michael Gross], great-grandfather to 'Tremors'' Burt Gummer, hires a mercenary to destroy the carnivorous creatures before they swallow up his profits. What follows is an all-out assault that takes the battleground from deep in the earth to a suspense-filled showdown in the streets of Rejection!

'Tremors 4: The Legend Begins' will thrill you with incredible action sequences, awesome bonus features and earthshaking special effects created by the award-winning team behind the original box-office hit, 'Tremors.'

My Thoughts:
OK... what we have here is a mixture of Western and Horror... something you don't see too often. I definitely enjoyed it... though I would say the first half hour was a bit on the slow side. Even though I didn't watch many of them... there is a nice amount of extras on this release. In this movie you only get to see the graboid version of the creatures... of course in this movie they call them something different since the name graboid was thought of in the first movie... in this one they call the creature Dirt Dragons. The hired gun in this movie is played by Billy Drago... who I like a lot... ever since I first say him play the Demon of Fear in several episodes of Charmed. At first I was worried I wouldn't like this one... but now I am thrilled I have it in my collection and that I have the series completed.

Well... that brings this mini-marathon to an end. It was fun watching all the Tremor movies all in one day like this. In my opinion every one of these movies are well worth adding to your collection if  you haven't done so yet.
Pete