Author Topic: Completed Series?  (Read 118493 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Completed Series?
« Reply #630 on: September 28, 2013, 03:07:17 PM »
Well, Honey West does sound like a Bond girl rather than a strong female character.

Never heard of the show.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 17, 2013, 12:11:51 PM »
Just finished the last season of Ironside (season 8, aussie release), including the TV movie The Return of Ironside. I really liked the show. Chief Ironside had a gruff kind of humor that appealed to me. I'm going to miss him.

If I want more of Raymond Burr, there are several seasons of Perry Mason that I still haven't bought. But I actually liked him better in Ironside. Not that Perry Mason is bad, it's just that I find that courtroom drama is best enjoyed sparingly.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #632 on: January 19, 2014, 06:46:09 PM »
Completed since last update:

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 19, 2014, 08:05:59 PM »
Just finished the last season of Ironside (season 8, aussie release), including the TV movie The Return of Ironside. I really liked the show. Chief Ironside had a gruff kind of humor that appealed to me. I'm going to miss him.

If I want more of Raymond Burr, there are several seasons of Perry Mason that I still haven't bought. But I actually liked him better in Ironside. Not that Perry Mason is bad, it's just that I find that courtroom drama is best enjoyed sparingly.
And not the newer PM ... I really like Raymond Burr but he really wasn't up on his game in the later tv movies.
Thank you
David

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #634 on: January 30, 2014, 09:45:37 PM »

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 05, 2014, 01:47:58 PM »
I have been working on completing this series for years... last night I finally completed my collection!  :yahoo:

Pete

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 09, 2014, 04:15:40 PM »

I just finished watching Disney's Zorro. This came as two Walt Disney Treasues sets back in 2009, but I just watched a few episodes back then and only recently resumed watching it. The show consists of two seasons with 39 half hour episodes each, plus 4 one hour long episodes that were part of season 7 of Disneyland.

What makes this show special is of course Guy Williams as Don Diego de la Vega / Zorro. His charisma makes him the ultimate Zorro, in my opinion. Henry Calvin is also very good as the bumbling Sergeant Garcia. The stories are quite fun, but if you watch too many of them in one go, the fencing gets to be a bit much.

In one of the featurettes Guy Williams Jr says that he could always tell when it was his father in the Zorro costume and when it was his stuntman Buddy Van Horn. Well, I tried, but I couldn't tell the difference. One would of course know that it was Van Horn when there was a particularly hairy stunt, like falling off a horse, but for simpler stunts I could never be sure. Buddy later became Clint Eastwood's stuntman, and also directed him in three movies.

There were quite a number of fairly well known (then, or later) guest stars, like Gloria Talbot, Robert J. Wilke, Richard Anderson, Cesar Romero, Ken Lynch, Annette Funicello, Everett Sloan, Mary Wickes, Rita Moreno, Mark Damon, Jack Kruschen, Vito Scotti, Gilbert Roland, Ricardo Montalban, Whit Bissell, James Hong, Robert Vaughn, Ross Martin, Lee Van Cleef and Jack Elam, just to mention a few.

So that's another TV show that I can tick off as watched.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 11, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »
Completed another series yesterday...

Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #638 on: February 12, 2014, 11:04:04 PM »
Karsten

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #639 on: February 26, 2014, 06:29:03 AM »
I picked up I Dream of Jeanie the complete series today for $24.  It doesn't have the case made like her bottle..just a normal case. 
I have to get it added to profiler..and a few other things I've picked up recently.  I have lost count of how many completed series I have...need to count again.   :laugh:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #640 on: April 01, 2014, 11:15:39 PM »
Deadwood: The Complete Series (2004 - 2006)

Karsten

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 15, 2014, 11:43:27 AM »
Tales of the Gold Monkey (1982 - 1983)

This was shown in 1984 in Sweden, so I watched it to commemorate its 30th anniversary.

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 02, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »
The Sweeney

4 seasons, 53 episodes.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #643 on: April 23, 2015, 11:56:18 PM »
Since my last update:

(Home Improvement)

(The 10th Kingdom)

Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #644 on: September 29, 2016, 01:04:40 AM »

Karsten