Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Stephen King  (Read 10457 times)

MEJHarrison

Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Stephen King
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 05:49:01 PM »
I didn't even know Secret Window was a King story. :(

I just the opposite of you Pete.  I love King and have read pretty much everything he's done, but I only have a few of his DVDs.  I know most of his books haven't made the greatest movies, but I would like to get some more at some point.  Next up I'll be getting The Mist, but after that, most of his movies don't have very great releases.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 06:01:20 PM »
A friend of mine reads all of his books... and said he was in a slump there for a bit... but here recently he seems like his old self again. Maybe between that... and the fact that I am sure you can never make a movie to come out as good as a book anyway... maybe that is why so many I know don't think his movies are as good as his books.

But then for someone like me... who hasn't read the books... maybe that lets me enjoy the movies that much more. :)

As for Secret Window... he has an OMB credit in profiler... according to wikipedia...

It was written and directed by David Koepp, based on the novella Secret Window, Secret Garden by Stephen King...

so maybe you can find it and check it out. :)
Pete

MEJHarrison

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 06:33:22 PM »
I've read Secret Window, Secret Garden.  I don't remember it much, but I know I've read it.  I just never made the connection between the short story and the movie. :-[