Author Topic: 25 Days of Christmas  (Read 57248 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
25 Days of Christmas
« on: December 01, 2008, 07:18:19 PM »
25 Days of Christmas
It is that time of the year once again. Time to celebrate the Christmas Holiday. In this marathon I will watch at least one Christmas movie OR one Christmas Episode of a TV Series each day up to Christmas day.

The Brady Bunch: Season 1 - The Voice of Christmas
Carol is all set to sing in church on Christmas when disaster strikes: she loses her voice! At the local shopping mall, a hopeful Cindy approaches Santa Claus and asks him for one gift that may be impossible to deliver - that her mother's voice be returned in time for the event.

My Thoughts:
I thought I would start this off with some nostalgic shows from my childhood. This is not really one of my favorite shows out there... but I definitely watched my share way back when. Surprisingly for being such a family show... and  lasting for 5 years... this series only had 1 Christmas episode that whole time! This is a decent episode... but I always thought it could be better. No more then just a decent basic holiday episode.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Days of Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 09:46:24 PM »

A Very Brady Christmas
Mike and Carol Brady decide to spend their savings on bringing their kids and relatives in for the holidays, but the kids are having their own problems: Greg (now a doctor) has to make the trip alone since his wife Nora is spending the holidays with her family; Peter is embarrassed to bring his girlfriend home since she is his boss; Bobby is hiding the fact that he dropped out of business grad school to race cars; Marcia's husband, Wally, has been laid off from his job at Tyler Toys; Jan and stuffy husband Phillip are separating; and Cindy is tired of the fact that mom and dad can't respect her as a grown woman. Just another day in the life of the Bradys.

My Thoughts:
I figured since I watched the Christmas episode... I may as well watch the reunion movie as well. And I enjoyed this movie much more then I did the Christmas episode I watched before it. It was fun to see most of the cast back after all the years that past. This reunion movie is one of the reasons I bought the complete series set... instead of the individual seasons. Since that is the only way to get it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 11:27:35 PM »

Bones: Season 1 - The Man in the Fallout Shelter
The team is quarantined and must remain in the lab over Christmas when the examination of a corpse trips the building's biohazard system.

My Thoughts:
This is an excellent episode. Bones has a great cast that has wonderful chemistry together. I think this was a very good way to do a Christmas episode for this series. The story was well done... I really liked the hologram Christmas Tree Angela made... as well as all the gifts they made for each other. I do have to ask for anyone that remembers this episode. When they got visitors to see them through the glass... Angela warned everyone that they may recognize her father... but she didn't want to talk about it. So... who was her father? He definitely didn't look familiar to me... meaning that he probably had something to do with music since I don't listen to music.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

richierich

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 11:31:19 PM »
Thanks Pete for opening the thread up, be nice to have all the xmas reviews in one spot.

1/12

fresh prince of bel-air - s1 - deck the halls

Will inimitably dresses the mansion for the holidays, to the dismay of the neighbors, including heavyweight boxing champion Evander Holyfield. Does Will use graceful and tasteful decoration or does he decorate getto style?

A nice start to the marathon, a couple of the young prince Will Smith celebrating the season. Aimed of course at teenagers, but still of appeal to adults.  :D

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:34:12 PM by Rich »

richierich

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 11:36:23 PM »
1/12

fresh prince of bel-air - s1 - Talking Turkey

Will's mom visits for the Thanksgiving weekend. But when she sees that the children don't do any of the work she tells all the children to make dinner this year which turns into a disaster. Can any of the children do anything for themselves? Are they able to fix dinner? What excuses do they use to defend themselves?

Not that I understand Thanksgiving too much, but it is close enough to xmas to count 

Another amusing episode, the best part of this is still the opening rap
 :D

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:33:52 PM by Rich »

richierich

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 11:48:04 PM »
1/12

Bottom - S2 - Holy

Eddie and Richie celebrate Christmas by inviting Spudgun and Dave Hedgehog around for Christmas dinner and a day of fun and games. After a knock at the door Richie finds a baby left on their doorstep. Due to a few misperceptions Richie believes the baby is the Second Coming of Jesus.

Fantastic episode, cream of the series with the inevitable xmas cracker jokes straight from the young ones scripts. When Richard cuts off his finger and appeals for eddies help it cracks me up every time, and the charades with spudgun and hedgehog, brilliant.
The best line - gold, frankenstein and grrr. you gotta watch it to get it.
Classic stuff
 ;D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:30:12 PM by Rich »

richierich

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 11:59:26 PM »
1/12

Jag - S4 - Jaggle Bells

Mac's "little sister" unexpectantly shows up at JAG headquarters, declaring that she's run away from her abusive stepfather. While she investigates whether Chloe has been abused, Mac has her hands full keeping her from turning the office upside down, then learns that her real father is still alive serving on a ship in the Navy. Despite the cost, Mac convinces the Admiral to allow the two to talk to each other via satellite video-conferencing. Meanwhile, Harm spends the evening interrogating a beautiful Navy doctor arrested for DWI after she lost control of her vehicle on icy roads and ran over a Nativity scene. Harm agrees to defend her when he learns that just before the accident and before she took the breathalyzer test, she had drank some liquid cold medicine (which contains 25% alcohol) Adm. Chegwidden's attempts to fly to Italy to spend Christmas with his daughter, however, with the Washington, DC area mired in snow, most of the flights out have been cancelled. True to form, Bud comes through by finding the Admiral a seat on a military transport plane which was bound for Italy at the last minute.

Slushy and OTT, but some quite funny moments and a feel-good finish. Jag has never grabbed me like NCIS, I have never felt the characters are deep enough or the storylines punchy. The concept is fine but the delivery always seems wrapped in cotton wool.
A nice xmas episode for fans and one-off viewers.
 :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:28:49 PM by Rich »

Najemikon

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 12:27:04 AM »
When they got visitors to see them through the glass... Angela warned everyone that they may recognize her father... but she didn't want to talk about it. So... who was her father? He definitely didn't look familiar to me... meaning that he probably had something to do with music since I don't listen to music.

Good guess. Don't you you think he looked like a sharp dressed man, though? :hysterical: He's in ZZ Top, with two other guitarists that look identical. Classic rockers, Pete!

ZZ Top Live

That Christmas Bones was fantastic. :thumbup:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:39:50 AM by Jon »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 12:39:56 AM »
 :laugh: Thanks Jon... my brother would have lkilled me for not knowing that one... he loved ZZ Top. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 06:23:08 PM »

Supernatural: Season 3 - A Very Supernatural Christmas
What comes down the chimney? Santa Claus. What goes up the chimney? Screaming, clawing victims of the Anti Claus, a pagan god with an unjolly thirst for blood. Scary Christmas, Sam and Dean.

My Thoughts:
This is a cool Christmas episode... I enjoyed it very much.  I liked how they had flashbacks to show what Christmas was like for Sam & Dean as kids.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 10:12:41 PM »

Jolly Old St. Dick - Season 2 Episode 12

The aliens' first impression of Christmas is that it's about shopping and killing threes.  Sally gets a job at the mall as a gift wrapper, while Harry is employed as one of Santa's elves.  Dick can't quite get the hang of how the office gift exchange works, while Tommy stresses about what sort of very special gift August is expecting.

My Thoughts

I love 3rd Rock From the Sun in general and this episode isn't any different.  The aliens were just as clueless about Christmas as they have been about so many other things about Christmas.  They all jump in at first, but get disillusioned when things don't work out how they want.  Dick just didn't understand why he couldn't take a chainsaw to any old tree he wanted.  He turned into Scrooge after he was put in jail for that.  Harry was horrified when he realized that he was working for an impostor Santa instead of the real guy.  Harry was so funny when he flipped out over that.  Sally started off doing fairly well with her job but that didn't last long.  I just think this is a very funny, entertaining episode.

;D

Najemikon

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 10:30:27 PM »
:laugh: Thanks Jon... my brother would have lkilled me for not knowing that one... he loved ZZ Top. :P

Click this link and have a listen. Radio 1 play a classic album in full occasionally. No interruptions, no chat, just the album from start to finish. The current one is about halfway through. I just fancy knowing what you think?

Radio 1 Player

They're called Rage Against the Machine. Unlike what you might think from a name like that, they play flutes and sing folk songs about elves and pixies.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 10:39:44 PM »
I nervously clicked on your link... and it brought up music by someone called Zane Lowe. And no... it is not something I could get into.  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 10:47:40 PM »
I nervously clicked on your link... and it brought up music by someone called Zane Lowe. And no... it is not something I could get into.  :P

:hysterical:

Zane Lowe is the DJ!  :laugh:

Rage Against the Machine are the band and the title of their debut album which is playing. Thanks for clicking though. It's cool that anyone can listen to BBC Radio wherever they are. If you ever fancy a laugh, click that link from abou 4pm GMT for Scott Mills drivetime show.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 10:51:28 PM »

Twilight Zone: Season 2 - Night of the Meek
Christmas in the Twilight Zone. Art Carney is a forlorn department store Santa who takes to drinking - only to find himself experiencing the nicest Christmas ever!

My Thoughts:
This is a very good episode. I have enjoyed watching this one every year for quite a while now. I think Art Carney did a great job in his role. I don't know for sure... but I believe this is the only Christmas episode of Twilight Zone... which if it is... it's a shame.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete