Author Topic: [Rerun Marathon] Spaced  (Read 22818 times)

Najemikon

Re: [Rerun Marathon] Spaced
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 01:11:02 AM »
Gatherings 5/5

A perfect example of a sitcom episode. Get the awkward intros out of the way, throw in the dodgy mates and just let them play off each other in a completely pointless episode! :P  Yet it still manages to start the ball rolling on the relationships and running jokes that will feed through both series.

Actually I'd rate this 5/5 just for introducing Mike so well "providing much needed security, Tim-Tim" and the first glimpse of his childhood trauma (complete with moustache!), but we also get the line: "smells like garlic/looks like a turd in a wig", plus more brilliant editing and spot on movie connections (2001, Evil Dead and Close Encounters). And don't forget the paperboy.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 06:51:35 PM »
Gatherings 10/10

Great sitcom episode, really no plot to speak of but written hilariously funny and executed wonderfully.

Didn't notice the 2001 reference (:bag:) but found one Field of Dreams ("If we have it", the party, "they will come.").

Najemikon

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 07:56:27 PM »
Gatherings 10/10

Great sitcom episode, really no plot to speak of but written hilariously funny and executed wonderfully.

Didn't notice the 2001 reference (:bag:) but found one Field of Dreams ("If we have it", the party, "they will come.").

The fridge was accused of becoming self-aware because Daisy couldn't get her half-a-Magnum out and it had HAL9000 on it's handle. The point of view was from the freezer, and in the back of the shot Tim whistles "Daisy, Daisy...". Even writing this down in a rather serious tone makes me laugh!  :hysterical:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 09:09:07 PM »
Thanks Jon...

Actually, I just watched the commentaries for episodes 1 + 2 and they explained it :bag:. It was rather obvious, actually :slaphead: Also decided to watch the next episodes with the Homage-O-Meter on, to catch those things on first viewing (it's sometimes tough to get them with the commentary, if they are verbal references...).

Najemikon

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 09:15:56 PM »
You don't happen to have the three disc collector's set do you? It has an excellent documentary on.

RossRoy

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 10:39:06 PM »
Well, I hope it's as good as you all make it sound because.... I just ordered it! From UK no less!

<sigh> all those Marathons might end up costing a pretty penny in the long run... ;)

Najemikon

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 10:46:31 PM »
Well done lads, we got him. We can call the marathon off now. Thank god, because Spaced is absolute tripe...

Right, now how do we get him to buy Spiceworld The Movie?

:tease:

Sir, you have made an excellent purchase. Well done.  :clap:

RossRoy

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 10:58:52 PM »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 11:39:31 PM »
8/10

Another great episode. I found it as good as the first episode but not better (therefore "only" an eight)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 08:27:07 AM »
You don't happen to have the three disc collector's set do you? It has an excellent documentary on.
I do 8) ...and I have previously watched that excellent third disc. Plus the three disc set has more outtakes, more deleted scenes, more, more, more...

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 10:49:37 PM »
Next episode: Art
Deadline: 2007-11-04 (Sunday)

This episode was the inspiration for the movie "Shawn of the Dead".

Average rating of previous episode:
9.3 (3 votes)

RossRoy

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 01:27:13 AM »
I do 8) ...and I have previously watched that excellent third disc. Plus the three disc set has more outtakes, more deleted scenes, more, more, more...
I do too, and I just received it  ;D So I'll join in the fun.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 05:21:58 AM »
 :clap: Great, Sebastien!  the more the merrier. ...and I highly doubt that you will be disappointed.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2007, 10:27:51 AM »
8/10

Another fun episode with zombies, guest-starring David Walliams known from 'Little Britain'.

Best line:
"Brian, you came."
- "No, I just spilled a drink"

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 02:01:37 PM »
Art: 8/10

Funny episode, with a few dull moments though. Vulva's art show was hilarious; of course, I hope never to be objected to anything like it in real life.

Brian: "Do you think I should lose the waist coat?"
Tim: "No, I think you should burn it. 'cause, you know, if you loose it you might find it again."

...and loved the beginning, where Tim gets startled by Daisy while playing a video game; I could relate to him being so involved in the game that the brain can't tell it's just a game anymore. :laugh: